Powdered Cream cheese in mead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestvintage

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Now I know it's been done. My orange mead has completed fermenting and I have a gallon and a half. The half gallon I will experiment with before I commit the entire batch to this experiment. So I don't know if I should add it to secondary and let it sit for awhile or back sweeten, pasteurize and then add it. Suggestions are welcomed.

take the package of powdered cream cheese and place it on a smoker for 10 - 12 hours until the edges are burnt dark.
then throw it in the garbage and make mead without powdered freakin cream cheese.

sorry i just dont get all the stuff you guys add to mead.

Check out this recipe from sister site Brewer's Friend. It calls for the powder in "secondary" along with the rest of the flavorings (vanilla bean, strawberry flavoring, and graham crackers) for four days before packaging...

Cheers!

take the package of powdered cream cheese and place it on a smoker for 10 - 12 hours until the edges are burnt dark.
then throw it in the garbage and make mead without powdered freakin cream cheese.

sorry i just dont get all the stuff you guys add to mead.
Well it's tempting but I read a guys post that added powdered cream cheese to his mead and it turned out fantastic. I copied the amounts he added but not the stages. After 8 years of making mead I am not opposed to challenging my skills. I already have 100 some bottles of mead left I can sip on while waiting for this one. Some of my experiments have turned out fantastic.

Latest posts

Back