What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ 😆

🤤
PXL_20240505_012904711.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

I prepared some tacos at home after 5/5, since the brewery food truck wasn’t offering Mexican 🙄 when I was there on Sunday
AD8532C9-54A8-4E78-B7F9-2D614915F187.jpeg
643D858E-3541-4B24-BEF0-187F9A152A63.jpeg

Utilizing some small amounts of leftover proteins hubby had tacos 3 ways. Chicken, shrimp and carnitas with refried beans. My plate is pictured.

i need to find me a source for lamb chops. I love my pork chops but i imagine the flavor of lamb doesn't even compare.
Not sure where you live but if you have either Costco or Sam's Club nearby, I've bought beautiful thick lamb chops from both of them.

I have one or two online sources too, if you don't have a local place to pick them up. I can post links if you need them!

Last edited:
Not the most exciting pix but more mushrooms. This time from someone I use to buy from just down the street. She grew them in her yard and now she's huge and moved to a warehouse. She's in stores and restaurants.

May have to fire up the dehydrator to save all these things
PXL_20240512_164609964.jpg
PXL_20240512_170848518.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure where you live but if you have either Costco or Sam's Club nearby, I've bought beautiful thick lamb chops from both of them.

I have aone or two online sources too, if you don't have a local place to pick them up. I can post links if you need them!
Living in the very upper midwest sheep was never a livestock raised in abundance. I have recently seen some ranches with sheep so I will be putting out some feelers on the book of faces to see if there is a farm to table option. Locally grocers and walmart may carry frozen lamb and not many options, I never have seen any fresh because the market for it is very small.

My mom raises grass fed cattle, I get a whole hog raised 30 miles away, catch my own fish, hunt for venison. only missing some lamb. well maybe some prairie chickens I need to buy a shotgun.

Living in the very upper midwest sheep was never a livestock raised in abundance. I have recently seen some ranches with sheep so I will be putting out some feelers on the book of faces to see if there is a farm to table option. Locally grocers and walmart may carry frozen lamb and not many options, I never have seen any fresh because the market for it is very small.

My mom raises grass fed cattle, I get a whole hog raised 30 miles away, catch my own fish, hunt for venison. only missing some lamb. well maybe some prairie chickens I need to buy a shotgun.
Yeah, cattle ranchers are not generally very fond of sheep! :) I love the stuff though. We have a nice source of grassfed beef grown just down the road from us here; I also buy Piedmontese beef (grass-fed/finished) online. I can get non-soy-fed chickens and we've bought half a pig in the past. But it's hard to get good lamb around here too except at Sam's or Costco. It's New Zealand raised but it's damn good eating!

@BongoYodeler I have not thought of spiedies in decades. Those look good.

@TheDudeLebowski - I'd knock ya down and fight you for those oyster mushrooms! :p

Back