3 gal. cornies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid mode

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these 3 gallon cornie kegs? The ones I found are pin-lock not ball-lock and I don't know what that means. Any info is helpful.

Pin locks are coca cola style and ball locks are pepsi style. As the name implies pin locks use pins to lock the disconnect to the keg where ball locks use balls. Most people prefer ball lock, but it depends on the setup you already have.

I have a cheap supplier for pinlocks so that's what I prefer. In general I'd say there are more ball lock styles kegs in circulation though. I'd suggest finding the cheapest source for 6-8 kegs and whatever style they are, just buy them.

well, I don't have a set-up yet so I guess I'll just go for savings. I got a tall mini-fridge from a friend but I'm not sure it's quite big enough for a 5 gallon. Do you have any recommendations as far as suppliers for keg systems? Thanks for the help.

I love mine. Got two of them and two 2.5 gallon cornies too. I'm filling the 3 gallons with Apfelwein and the 2.5 gallon ones with beer to take to parties with my portable kegerator.

Beer2Go-1.jpg

This is how much ice is left after 40 or so hours.

Beer2Go-3.jpg

The 16 gram CO2 cartridge dispenses beer & Apfelwein just great!

EdWort said:
I love mine. Got two of them and two 2.5 gallon cornies too. I'm filling the 3 gallons with Apfelwein and the 2.5 gallon ones with beer to take to parties with my portable kegerator.

Beer2Go-1.jpg

This is how much ice is left after 40 or so hours.

The 16 gram CO2 cartridge dispenses beer & Apfelwein just great!

Keep gloating you bastid!! Actually I would love to build one of these! I keep waiting for the small cornies on craigslist. So far no luck...

oh man, that's so nice. I would love to build one of those. I heard somewhere that they don't make 3 gallon cornies anymore or if they do, they're rare ad expensive. I really really want some.

This past weekend I just picked up a 90 qt icecube w/wheels that'll fit a 3-gallon and I'm thinking a 2.5-gallon keg along with a 20 oz. CO2 tank. Now all I need is a 2.5 gallon keg.

Wild

wild said:
This past weekend I just picked up a 90 qt icecube w/wheels that'll fit a 3-gallon and I'm thinking a 2.5-gallon keg along with a 20 oz. CO2 tank. Now all I need is a 2.5 gallon keg.

Wild

Mine is a 70 quart ice cube extreme with wheels. How much of a 5 gallon cornie is sticking out when you put it in?

EdWort said:
Mine is a 70 quart ice cube extreme with wheels. How much of a 5 gallon cornie is sticking out when you put it in?
I haven't used the icecube for the 5-gallon corny. I use a 35 gallon LME bucket and a luggage hauler for those until I come up with something nicer. I'm wanting to tap a 3-gallon and a 2.5 gallon corny out of the icecube. The second corny sits too high from the wheel well to close the lid.

Wild

Back