Home brew virgin in Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just recently become interested in brewing at home, and I'm looking for some general advice on the best way to get started. Hopefully some of the pros here have some tips on where to get equipment, supplies, etc.

I'm not looking to go the Mr. Beer route, but I don't have thousands of dollars to spend on equipment either.

The idea of home brewing is very interesting to me, as I've been working on the 'sports bar' in my basement that will become the regular watering hole for many of my buddies and family members. I can think of no better way to make my home sports bar unique than to have my own brew to offer.

Any advice you have for someone (who has no knowledge and no equipment) looking to get started would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Depending on where you are in Ohio, you could head down to Listermann's (www.listermann.com), in Cincinnati. They are a great place to start and will have everything you need to get started. IF you are not close to Cincinnati, you can order from them and get the shipment in 1 day, and shipping is free if your order is over $35. Also, if you are close to the Fairfield area, Jungle Jim's has a decent selection of brewing supplies including equipment kits and pre-packaged ingredient kits, as well as specialty grains, adjuncts, yeasts, etc. Other than that, I'd say just read this forum, as it has tons of great references to other online brewing supply stores.

Good luck! :mug:

Latest posts

Back