bernzomatic email

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarMoeCur

Reaction score
All this talk of airating wort got me thinking. I emailed Bernzomatic about their O2 regulator. Here's what they sent back.

Larry,
Yes, you can purchase item #010431 Oxygen regulator from our
customer service with a Visa or Mastercard @ 800-654-9011. The cost for
this item is $12.30 plus tax and $5.00 shipping.
Thank You,

Respectfully Yours,

Gene Evans
BernzOmatic
Customer Service Representative
Phone:937-283-2043
Fax:800-824-2340
[email protected]

Not much of a savings over the other LHBS but every penny counts.:rockin:

To me, the best feature about the williams brewing solution was the airstone attached to the stainless wand. If you solved that part of the equation then it would be quite a savings.

I agree the Williams kit is by far the best deal out there. But if you already have have a pump kit with the stone and want to upgrade to pure O2 you can for about 18 bucks

Why would you not support our home brewing community by paying a few pennys more. We need good companies like this to keep our hobby going.

I'm not saying not to support the LHBS. We need to support them. I'm just cheap and wanted to see if I could get it cheaper. I still think Williams is the best deal. Unless you already have everything but the O2 reg.

Brew-boy said:
Why would you not support our home brewing community by paying a few pennys more. We need good companies like this to keep our hobby going.

Pennies not spent on equipment go toward ingredients.

Last May I had emailed Bernzomatic and was shot down!!

Here's what I was told:

> > We do not sell any parts of this kit separately.
> > You must
> > purchase the entire kit. The only items that you
> can
> > purchase separately
> > are the Fuels.

Brew-boy said:

While I 100% agree that the various homebrew supply shops need our business as much as we need them, if you can source the same item for less, that just makes good fiscal sense. This particular item sells for $36 plus shipping at Williams. That's more than just a "few pennies more". I do agree that the stainless steel tubing attached to the stone is a nice feature, but I don't see it accounting for a majority of the extra cost; and the polyethelyne tubing is probably worth pennies. In many cases I have purchased from a homebrew supplier when the cost of something might be just "slightly" higher than the cost of building something myself. Under those circumstances, I have been glad to give them my business. When it comes to paying two times my own cost, I'm sorry. Besides, I'm sure that Williams isn't making all their money on these anyway; and if they find out that people are building their own, it might be time for them to cut down their profit magin just a bit. Don't get me wrong, I love Williams as a supplier. I've recently purchased my latest brew kettle from them and the aforementioned oxygenation kit. I'm sure it won't be the last items I'll buy from them either.

Don't comp the cost you're being quoted on the regulator to the $36 for the kit from Williams; you can buy just the reg from Williams for $18 (granted, plus shipping) IIRC. I thought about just buying the reg and a stone, then bodging up a similar system with some tubing and an old racking cane, but it wasn't going to save me all that much in the end.

EDIT: $17.90, I must be slipping.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/OXYGEN_REGULATOR_P700.cfm

Brew-boy said:
If that's the case lets a buy Sabco's "BREW MAGIC SYSTEM" and support their company and the homebrewing community?

All I meant was if it was a difference of a few bucks I would buy it from the brew shop. My time is worth much more to me than that. Hell if I can build it myself or buy it for alot less then of course do it. Think it was taken the wrong way is all.

Latest posts

Back