Project: Mephistopheles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
One of my favorite imperial stouts is Avery's Mephistopheles. Unfortunately, it's $8 retail...even at $5.50 my cost, that's steep for a 12oz'er. So I'm gonna brew my own. Bliggety blam! I looked at the bottle last night, and it said they use turbinado sugar. I like Sucanat better than turbinado, so I'm going to use that. I checked their website and found out some good info: grain types and hop varieties used, OG, IBU. Unfortunately, it doesn't give you hop or grain percentages/schedules, and it doesn't mention Turbinado (oddly enough), leading me to believe that there could be other adjuncts in there that they're not telling me about. Oak? Molassas? Who knows. The website said they're small and friendly and like to help, so I sent them an e-mail with various questions about the recipe. Maybe they'll actually help me out. If not, I'm gonna call them and speak to 'em on the phone.

So here's my first attempt. The original Meph is listed at 16% ABV, so I figured I'd better use WLP099. Give me your thoughts (I know this is a pretty rare brew, so I'm not sure how many have had it, but...nonetheless.)

Mephistopheles

A ProMash Recipe Report

BJCP Style and Style Guidelines
-------------------------------

13-F Stout, Russian Imperial Stout

Min OG: 1.075 Max OG: 1.114
Min IBU: 50 Max IBU: 100
Min Clr: 30 Max Clr: 48 Color in SRM, Lovibond

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 5.00 Wort Size (Gal): 5.00
Total Grain (Lbs): 22.75
Anticipated OG: 1.147 Plato: 33.64
Anticipated SRM: 53.9
Anticipated IBU: 107.4
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
----------------

Evaporation Rate: 15.00 Percent Per Hour
Pre-Boil Wort Size: 6.45 Gal
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.114 SG 26.74 Plato

Formulas Used
-------------

Brewhouse Efficiency and Predicted Gravity based on Method #1, Potential Used.
Final Gravity Calculation Based on Points.
Hard Value of Sucrose applied. Value for recipe: 46.2100 ppppg
% Yield Type used in Gravity Prediction: Fine Grind Dry Basis.

Color Formula Used: Morey
Hop IBU Formula Used: Tinseth
Tinseth Concentration Factor: 1.30

Additional Utilization Used For Plug Hops: 2 %
Additional Utilization Used For Pellet Hops: 10 %

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
44.0 10.00 lbs. Gleneagle's Maris Otter Pale Great Britain 1.038 5
22.0 5.00 lbs. Generic LME - Extra Light Generic 1.035 7
17.6 4.00 lbs. Sucanat Generic 1.046 1
6.6 1.50 lbs. Aromatic Malt Belgium 1.036 25
4.4 1.00 lbs. Special B Malt Belgian 1.030 120
3.3 0.75 lbs. Roasted Barley Belgium 1.030 575
2.2 0.50 lbs. Debittered Black Patent Malt America 1.028 525

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
3.00 oz. Magnum Pellet 14.00 97.0 90 min.
1.00 oz. Goldings - E.K. Whole 6.00 7.1 20 min.
0.50 oz. Goldings - E.K. Whole 6.00 2.1 10 min.
0.50 oz. Goldings - E.K. Whole 6.00 1.2 5 min.

Yeast
-----

White Labs WLP099 Super High Gravity Ale

I'll be there in a couple weeks for this

AnniParty14.jpg

if you have any specific questions, Adam and the other brewers are always willing to talk, I can ask them stuff if you want. I bet they answer your e-mail though, Steve Breezely responded to my e-mail about their Wit yeast, and even offered me some yeast from their fermenter for the wit I was brewing.

Cool, thanks...looks like a fun time. Special reserves? Vertical tastings? ARGH! Can I come?

If they don't answer my e-mail or phone call, I'll hit you with a few Q's to ask them. I'm most curious about the grain percentages, aroma/flavor hop schedule, adjuncts, and yeast selection (though I can't imagine using anything but WLP099).

Blast! Looks like Adam's not too keen on sharing the specs with me :(

Evan,
Glad you enjoy! There is sooooo much in the art and science of brewing Meph that we could write a book on it! We prefer to keep this one to ourselves, hope you understand. I will give you this though, oxygenate the crap outa the wort and over pitch your yeast at least 5 times more than on a normal beer. And then cross your fingers and hope for the best! Good brewing to ya and hope to see you at our tasting Room some day!
--
Adam Avery
President/Brewmaster
Avery Brewing Company

Yeah, I understand...just kinda sux.

They didn't even email me back, I must not have been polite enough. Good luck on the brew, I haven't had it. If yours turns out well I'll might brew it though. My only thought is if 4# of sugar in an IS is too much? Probably not.

I've amended the recipe a little bit. My WLP099 should be here soon (not sure when I might brew it though, maybe next weekend). My plan is to withhold 3 lbs of the LME and all the sucanat (only 3 lbs now instead of 4) from the boil. I'll make a medium-sized starter, then step it up several days later, and then step it up again. I need aLOT of yeast for this, even with the WLP099.

Once the wort is cooled, I'll agitate it heavily. Then I'll aerate it for 60 minutes with my aeration kit. I'll pitch the yeast and hope for the best. After 3 or 4 days of fermentation, I'll break the sucanat/LME into 3 parts. I'll boil one part for 15 mins, then add it to the fermenter. Then I'll repeat this process two more times with several days in between. This should keep the maximum gravity in the fermenter from getting too high, hopefully allowing the WLP099 to reach the target 16% ABV.

Once all is said and done, I'll rack to secondary and add some oak chips that have been soaked in bourbon & a tiny bit of espresso for a week.

If anyone has anything to add or change in this whole plan, PLEASE don't be shy. Oh, and last but not least, here is the latest recipe. I really need help determining whether my roasted grains are in the right proportions. I'm using the grains that the Avery website says are used in the original Meph, but they don't say in what proportions. So, please...help me out here. I've ruined a stout or two by using too much dark roasted grain. Thanks!

Mephistopheles

A ProMash Recipe Report

BJCP Style and Style Guidelines
-------------------------------

13-F Stout, Russian Imperial Stout

Min OG: 1.075 Max OG: 1.114
Min IBU: 50 Max IBU: 100
Min Clr: 30 Max Clr: 48 Color in SRM, Lovibond

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 5.00 Wort Size (Gal): 5.00
Total Grain (Lbs): 23.25
Anticipated OG: 1.146 Plato: 33.53
Anticipated SRM: 53.7
Anticipated IBU: 107.8
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
----------------

Evaporation Rate: 15.00 Percent Per Hour
Pre-Boil Wort Size: 6.45 Gal
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.113 SG 26.66 Plato

Formulas Used
-------------

Brewhouse Efficiency and Predicted Gravity based on Method #1, Potential Used.
Final Gravity Calculation Based on Points.
Hard Value of Sucrose applied. Value for recipe: 46.2100 ppppg
% Yield Type used in Gravity Prediction: Fine Grind Dry Basis.

Color Formula Used: Morey
Hop IBU Formula Used: Tinseth
Tinseth Concentration Factor: 1.30

Additional Utilization Used For Plug Hops: 2 %
Additional Utilization Used For Pellet Hops: 10 %

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
51.6 12.00 lbs. Gleneagle's Maris Otter Pale Great Britain 1.038 5
12.9 3.00 lbs. Generic LME - Extra Light Generic 1.035 7
12.9 3.00 lbs. Sucanat Generic 1.046 1
8.6 2.00 lbs. Generic LME - Extra Light Generic 1.035 7
4.3 1.00 lbs. Aromatic Malt Belgium 1.036 25
4.3 1.00 lbs. Special B Malt Belgian 1.030 120
3.2 0.75 lbs. Roasted Barley Belgium 1.030 575
2.2 0.50 lbs. Black Patent Malt America 1.028 525

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
3.00 oz. Magnum Pellet 14.00 97.3 90 min.
1.00 oz. Goldings - E.K. Whole 6.00 7.2 20 min.
0.50 oz. Goldings - E.K. Whole 6.00 2.1 10 min.
0.50 oz. Goldings - E.K. Whole 6.00 1.2 5 min.

Extras

Amount Name Type Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.50 Oz Oak Cubes - American, House To Other 7 Days(fermenter)
2.00 Tsp Irish Moss Fining 15 Min.(boil)
3.00 Tsp Gypsum Powder Other 90 Min.(boil)

Yeast
-----

White Labs WLP099 Super High Gravity Ale

Mash Schedule
-------------

Mash Type: Multi Step

Grain Lbs: 15.25
Water Qts: 19.06 - Before Additional Infusions
Water Gal: 4.76 - Before Additional Infusions

Qts Water Per Lbs Grain: 1.25 - Before Additional Infusions

Acid Rest Temp : 0 Time: 0
Protein Rest Temp : 0 Time: 0
Intermediate Rest Temp : 133 Time: 25
Saccharification Rest Temp : 152 Time: 50
Mash-out Rest Temp : 158 Time: 20
Sparge Temp : 170 Time: 10

Total Mash Volume Gal: 5.99 - Dough-In Infusion Only

All temperature measurements are degrees Fahrenheit.

Notes
-----

-Make 1L starter 4 days before brew; step up at 3 & then 2 days; cold-crash and decant starter liquid before pitching.

-Withhold sucanat & LME additions from primary boil; once fermentation has been underway for several days, boil 1/3 of the sucanat & LME and add solution to the fermenter. Repeat with the final two thirds (in 1/3 increments) several days apart.

Godspeed my son!
My only concern is that you are using enough yeast. Consider ramping it up to 1/2 gallon if you have the means. This is a behemoth of beer.

Glibbidy said:
Godspeed my son!
My only concern is that you are using enough yeast. Consider ramping it up to gallon if you have the means. This is a behemoth of beer.

Yeah, I'm going to ramp it up three times, hopefully ending up with a gallon of wort/beer---but I'll definitely be decanting the liquid off before pitching.

Do the roasted/black/special B proportions sound good to you?

i have no idea on recipe, but if you want to send me a bottle, I'd be happy to drink it and I might even buy a Meph to compare it to. I have had their Samale (which I hate) but I think I might like Meph.

You could go all the way up to 10% with the roasted barley.
4% Special B seems like a nice balance with the other specialty malts.
2% of black looks good.

:off:
Have you considered dry hopping this with anything? A litle cenntenial might be nice to add at knockout, and dry hop. But then again this beer may begin to take on a mind of it's own.

Yeah, I might up the RB to 6 or 8%, I'm just wary of going overboard.

I have considered dry-hopping. I don't have any centennial, but I have some other stuff I could use. NB or EKG or something. But I'm not sure if it needs it...I guess I'll taste it after fermentation is done and see if it could use some DH'ing.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I see you back off on the sugar a little, did I actual offer some valuable advie? :ban: Probably not.
Anyway, just thought I'd let you know what's been happening with my high gravity brew using wlp099. There's way more dissolved CO2 in the beer than I've ever experienced. Whitelabs recommends with super high gravities to 'feed the wort' and oxygenate, so I noticed the airlock was not bubbling as fast as I would expect after 'feeding' so I swirled the carboy a bit. It was like an explosion! Because C02 is yeast's waste, I understand they don't like being in too much of it, so I'd recommend swirling the carboy at least once to see if there's al ot of dissolved CO2 - more than usual. If there is, I'd swirl it every so often to get it out of there, I don't think this will oxegenate the beer too much or develop off flavors. My .02 cents. Anybody else experience this?

Yeah, you did offer up some good advice, and I took it. The last thing I want is sugar-twang.

I'll heed your advice on the co2 as well. Wonder why it dissolves rather than offgassing?

Evan! said:
Yeah, you did offer up some good advice, and I took it. The last thing I want is sugar-twang.

how about splitting it up the sugar, and go with 1/2 succinat and 1/2 corn sugar. You'll enjoy the fermentables without that...well.... twang:p

Glibbidy said:
how about splitting it up the sugar, and go with 1/2 succinat and 1/2 corn sugar. You'll enjoy the fermentables without that...well.... twang:p

Good idea. The sucanat is being utilized because Avery says they use turbinado---which is pretty close to sucanat (I like sucanat more). Since it's not refined I'm not sure how much twang I'll get...but yeah, it can't hurt to cut it with some dextrose. I'm just still looking for the flavor from the sucanat...though, if I want to, I could just use molasses.

Evan! said:

I'll heed your advice on the co2 as well. Wonder why it dissolves rather than offgassing?

I thought the CO2 thing was b/c of the high gravity causing a thinkness and trapping the CO2 more, but I don't think that's what it is b/c; 1. It did the same thing in the ~1.040 starter & 2. I didn't begin w/a super high gravity - but reached it by adding concentrated wort each day. I picked up the tip about yeast not liking CO2(although its obvious it never stuck me as a potential problem) on this podcast called BrewBubbas( I've only listened to the high grav. episode -seemed OK). They were talking about the need to aerate multiple times when you get into the high teens in ABV, and said that this technique also released the dissolved CO2 which can inhibit the yeast.
My tip is, when making the starter I know you're going to make, see if you notice it not bubbling as much as "usual" and then when you give it a spin it should go crazier than "normal." Of course I'm not any closer to knowing why this happens with this paricular yeast, but at least I'm aware of it. I'll be curious to see if your experience is similar.

Evan! said:

I can't comment on the recipe compared with the orginal as I have not had it ($12 a single at my local bottle shop btw) but if you are concerned about off flavors, you could always make some invert sugar. Many folks report using up to 15% table sugar w/o off flavors. I am curious to hear how this turns out.

landhoney said:
I thought the CO2 thing was b/c of the high gravity causing a thinkness and trapping the CO2 more, but I don't think that's what it is b/c; 1. It did the same thing in the ~1.040 starter & 2. I didn't begin w/a super high gravity - but reached it by adding concentrated wort each day. I picked up the tip about yeast not liking CO2(although its obvious it never stuck me as a potential problem) on this podcast called BrewBubbas( I've only listened to the high grav. episode -seemed OK). They were talking about the need to aerate multiple times when you get into the high teens in ABV, and said that this technique also released the dissolved CO2 which can inhibit the yeast.
My tip is, when making the starter I know you're going to make, see if you notice it not bubbling as much as "usual" and then when you give it a spin it should go crazier than "normal." Of course I'm not any closer to knowing why this happens with this paricular yeast, but at least I'm aware of it. I'll be curious to see if your experience is similar.

Holy crap, I think you're right...and it's not the high gravity, it's the yeast. My starter wort wasn't terribly high gravity...but when I got home today, it was bubbling maybe once every 10 seconds. So I picked up the jug and swirled it around a few times. I thought it was gonna blow the stopper out! The bubbles were coming through the airlock so furiously, it was actually spraying the airlock water out of the cap! Yikes, this brew is gonna be difficult...

Well, while the rest of you monkeys are still asleep...I'm about at the end of my sacch rest. Damn, this is a LOT of grain. Good thing I've got that 50L ss MLT. Had to switch to that once I realize my normal 32qt kettle wasn't gonna cut it.

More updates to follow...

Well...here we go.

Mashed in at 5:30 or so...

4914-mephmashin.JPG

My ghetto-draining method...

4914-mephsparge.JPG

And here we are, at time of this post, 130 minutes (out of 180) left in the boil...I hope!

4914-mephboil.JPG

Now I'm going to catch up on some reading while this ***** boils down...:ban:

Looks good Evan, I'm brewing right not too. Looks like you're boiling used motor oil in there, there's something great about making something that devoid of light - I love that color boiling away in my kettle. What was your final mash schedule,etc?

landhoney said:
Looks good Evan, I'm brewing right not too. Looks like you're boiling used motor oil in there, there's something great about making something that devoid of light - I love that color boiling away in my kettle. What was your final mash schedule,etc?

As I drained it into my carboy, I thought the very same thing...not only was it the color of used motor oil, it was the consistency of it as well. :drunk:

Anyway, looks like I underestimated two factors yesterday: mash efficiency and evap rate. My mash sched was 30 mins @ 133f, 60 mins @ 149f, 20 mins +/- @ 158 until iodine test read neg. I guess it worked out, because my OG was 1.122. Of course, when I calc'd my original OG estimate, I forgot to drop the volume down to 4.5 gals...so that 1.084 was off the mark by a bit...but even then, I figured my efficiency would be kind of low because I only sparged with 6 gallons for 18 lbs of grain...but somehow I ended up with about 83% efficiency.

Then I calc'd my evap rate pretty low because it was so humid out...but I guess that splitting it up into two kettles really sent it through the roof. I had a 3-hour boil, and since I wasn't able to judge the evap rate very well until late in the game after I combined them, I couldn't cut the boil short without drastically altering my hops schedule, which I didn't want to do....so I ended up with used motor oil...3.5 gallons or so, down from about 8.25 at the start. That comes to about 16% for my evap rate, assuming I've calculated my dead space figures correctly. Oh well...I just had to run some spring water through the hop-back at the end, almost a gallon of it, plus about a guart of starter (I decanted the top off, but it hadn't settled enough to decant it all). Now I'm at 4.5 gallons, and I'll end up having two separate sugar additions, each 2 qts., to finish at 5.5 gallons.

Right now, it's happily bubbling away. I've got it in the sink with some frozen bottles to keep it around 66f. Wish 'er luck!

Oh, and by the way---the new thermometer rocks faces! :rockin: It helps SO much being able to really, truly keep track of your mash temps, rather than always wondering whether your PoS thermometer is correct. I highly recommend that traceable waterproof thermo....

Awesome job man! I admire the planning it took for this brew and look forward to hearing how the sucker taste! I bet it feels good to see such a long journey come to a successful end!

Cheers mate!

:mug:

Jekster said:
Awesome job man! I admire the planning it took for this brew and look forward to hearing how the sucker taste! I bet it feels good to see such a long journey come to a successful end!

Cheers mate!

:mug:

Thanks much. :mug: I never count my chickens before they hatch, though...success won't be determined until I pop some bottles and drink them. But all's well so far. It's bubbling happily...and yikes, if I shake it up, the airlock sprays water everywhere, just like the starter did. I figured as much. I'm gonna aerate it for awhile tomorrow night, then maybe add the dextrose/turbinado. I'll post updates, but things are good so far. I even have the oak chips soaking in bourbon and espresso right now. :D

Update...:tank:

So, every time I shook the carboy around, it'd bubble furiously...it's actually still doing that...but last night, the "normal" bubbling had slowed considerably and the krausen had fallen. So I figured it was time to add the first sugar addition. I also stuck the aerator in there for about 90 minutes. While the sugar addition was boiling (I boiled 1lb LME, 1lb dextrose, 1lb turbinado/sucanat in 2 qts water), I took a gravity reading.

Looks like all is well. In a little over 2 days, it had gone from 1.122 to 1.051---about 11% ABV. I added the sugar (the first of two additions), shook it up a bit, and went to bed. This morning, it's back to 2 bubbles/second and the krausen is back up to about 3/4".

All in all, after my final sugar addition, I'm looking for finish around 1.047 in order to reach 16% ABV. Given the already-low SG in there prior to the addition last night, it looks like that shouldn't be too hard, as these sugars should ferment out quite well. Oh, and I tasted the hydrometer sample. Yikes. Bitter as it gets...but of course, that's before the addition of a bunch of unhopped liquid. Very intense stuff! I can't wait for it to finish.

The Drizzle said:
I love the updates man, btw what thermometer is it that you are raving about?

Yeah, a couple people asked me to post updates, so that's what I'm doing.

This is the thermometer. Not cheap, but worth every penny IMHO. They even specifically reference AG brewers in their prod description. :rockin:

Evan! said:
Yeah, a couple people asked me to post updates, so that's what I'm doing.

This is the thermometer. Not cheap, but worth every penny IMHO. They even specifically reference AG brewers in their prod description. :rockin:

Whoa, that's hot. No pun intended. I'll put that on my wish list, thanks for that link.

UPDATE:

The first sugar addition has pretty much fermented out in a little over a day. I aerated for awhile last night and shook some more CO2 out of the solution. I'll add the second sugar addition tonight.

Sorry for the incessant updates, but hey, whatever.

Shook the hell out of the carboy to release as much CO2 from the solution as possible. It bubbled like a MF'er...shook it about 4 times until it didn't bubble so furiously. Boiled up my second and final sugar addition (same deal, 1 lb each of dextrose, LME and sucanat/turbinado). 45 mins later, it's bubbling again. Hmmm...16% should be no problem. I estimate that I'm around 13.5% right now.

Knock on wood.

Beerrific said:
Is that going in next?

Never have had this beer but it sounds interesting.

Yep...once primary is finished. I've got 1.5oz of oak chips soaking in a jar in the fridge with bourbon and a shot of espresso. That'll all get added to the secondary. :D

If done correctly, it is awesome. If overdone, it can ruin your beer. It's especially great in stouts and winter warmers, IMHO...and my Double IPA.

UPDATE! (Is this getting obnoxious yet?)

So the 2nd and final sugar addition is finishing up its fermentation today. When I came down this morning, it was bubbling maybe once every 2 seconds, and the krausen had all but disappeared. When I shake 'er up, I still get so much CO2 that it sprays water from the airlock...but last night, I sat there for five minutes just swirling it back and forth, expelling as much CO2 from the solution as possible. I really can't believe how much CO2 gets trapped in this batch. This WLP099 is crazy. But I think I expelled enough last night...by the time I was done, even violent extended shakes didn't make the airlock spray. So this morning, I pulled it out of its cold bath (temp was in the mid 60's), dried it off, and stuck a heating pad against it. By the time I left for work this morning, it was at 71f or so. I set the pad on low, so it should be in the mid 70's at most. I do this to ensure that fermentation is complete...the vast majority of fermentation took place in the mid to upper 60's, so I'm not worried about any esters from the final 2% of fermentation taking place in the mid 70's...and hopefully this will ensure that any fermentables still left in the carboy will get taken care of.

Evan! said:
UPDATE! (Is this getting obnoxious yet?)

*snip*

Actually this is far from obnoxious. I've really enjoyed reading the updates on this. I'm still very new to brewing and only doing extract brewing right now so some of the info sails over my head, but I find it intriguing nonetheless. I hope it turns out great; it sounds like quite the project! :D

sounds like this brew has gone almost too smooth.:D I can't wait to hear how it finishes, I bet it taste like rocket fuel right now.. I know my Barley wine did when I first transfered it.

shunoshi said:
Actually this is far from obnoxious. I've really enjoyed reading the updates on this. I'm still very new to brewing and only doing extract brewing right now so some of the info sails over my head, but I find it intriguing nonetheless. I hope it turns out great; it sounds like quite the project! :D

Thanks for the encouragement. I just didn't want to seem too self-important...I'm honestly just doing the updates so that other people can learn from my mistakes and successes if they ever plan on doing such a big beer.

Ryanh1801 said:
sounds like this brew has gone almost too smooth.:D I can't wait to hear how it finishes, I bet it taste like rocket fuel right now.. I know my Barley wine did when I first transfered it.

That's exactly what I've been thinking...too smooth. But I did plan this out pretty far in advance, and even got tips from Adam Avery, so I'm just glad that everything has gone okay so far. When it was about 13.5% ABV, I took a hydrometer sample, and proceeded to taste the sample when I was done. Yes, rocket fuel, exactly. Yummy, roasty, booze-a-riffic rocket fuel.

My concern now is that, since it's such a huge beer, I know it needs aging. However, what I keep running into with aged beers is that, once I bottle them, they're hard to carbonate. Too much yeast falls out over time, I guess. And with this one, adding dry yeast at bottling time won't help, because I'll need a alc-tolerant strain like the WLP099. So I'm contemplating a normal time in the carboy---2 or 3 weeks---before bottling, then just letting the aging process take place in the bottles. That way I can be more sure of proper carbonation. Thoughts?

Wow, I'd have never thought to worry about the carbonation. You are planning this one out well Evan, and I plan on using lots of your notes when I do my big beer over the winter.

Anyway, what's there to lose from letting it age in bottles instead of extra time int he carboy? It's gonna be dark, so you don't need to clear it. If fermentations done, then what's there to worry about? I say go for it.

Latest posts

Back