Coffee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer3401

Reaction score
Been brewing 5+ years and still enjoy it (and make good beer also).

Just got into roasting coffee.

I'd hate to go through a huge learning curve, because I'd like to roast my own coffee, and drink it every day.

Anyone else into this. I'm using a hot air popcorn maker to start out.

Thanks.

I have some friends that roast their own, they say it is really easy and saves a lot of money. I think they use a popcorn popper as well. I have been thinking about it too.

I did my first one last night. The beans I got are Nicaraguan, and the medium roast is too acidic. Darker (Full City +) was super intense.

Funny about Folgers ad, where the girl thanks her mom for the fresh coffee, then the mom says, it's 1 1/2 months old.

Only when you taste fresh roasted coffee will you realize that anything you buy ground is actually stale.

I'm hooked on fresh roasted now.

I like the French Press the best.

I just bought a hand coffee bean mill from Sweet Maria's.

Total $ 80.00 with shipping, but I wanted to get a really good one, but not pay $ 150.00 +​

Awesome!!

I am planning on ordering up some Costa Rica Naranjo Caracol Peaberry from them for my first home roast.

Anyone hear of the Behmor 1600 ?

It won a top place award as a 1# coffee roaster.
Cost is between $ 300-400.

If this thing ever makes it to market, some (Hottop) models are going to be in trouble.

Gah, why'd you have to post this. Because of this site i have more DIY things than Bob Vila!

Aside from that, where'd you get green beans?

Latest posts

Back