Serving under high pressure.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this just CO2 or draft gas (75% Nitrogen and 25% CO2)? I use draft gas for my irish dry stout at 32psi/55F and it produces a beautiful waterfall that ends with a nice 3/4" head.

It's straight CO2.

The video is still there.

The conclusion is I run a short length of beer line at High presure and get good results.
The things I have read say this shouldn't work....but it does.

got to be careful with the cobra taps, some might open up under that high of pressure! I dont remember how high my regulator was set when it happened to me

2 questions..

First: Was that completely uncarbed stout you were blasting with co2?
OR was it regular carbed and poured stout for half the glass....then u cranked up the psi and poured the last 3rd.

Second: Are you suggesting from this, that a keg that was carbed normally but then served on a very short beer line under high pressure will achieve this result. OR that we need to blast each beer as you just showed?

I leave it on a low psi and under carb. I don't like fizzy beer.

I do the opposite to most.

Convention says up the PSI to carb then lower to serve.

I raise to serve and do not leave under gas when not drinking.
That way it doesn't over carb and I can up the pressure at the begining of a session.

hehe I did notice the kegs sitting on the counter....pretty sweet. I'd do it if my house wasn't 80* normally

This is pretty cool. I'm bookmarking this so I can refer to it once I get my kegging system up and running. Plus, since it is coming from someone in the UK, I can tell people "It's they way they do it over there, so it must be authentic!" :D

Latest posts

Back