Magic Chef 7.2CF - Home Depot - $161

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, i was trying to figure that out myself. Online only gives external measurements. I am going to pick one up on Saturday AM, ill let you know as soon as I can stuff some kegs in and find out.

Can anyone post the dimensions of corny keg? I could try to call Home Depot and see if i can get a guy to measure the inside. ;)

Warren

That is the exact same chest freezer I have. It will fit 3 kegs and a CO2 tank EASILY. With room on the bump for a carboy and miscellaneous beer items. Without the tank, 4 kegs can fit (and actually I have a 10 lb tank, it may be possible to fit a 5lb on the hump and fit 4 kegs). By my estimation, if you built a collar (I have yet to build mine) with a 10" wide piece of wood, you could put two more on the hump for a total of 6.

Not to hijack the thread, but I REALLY need to get my collar built. Look at how old that thread is, and I still have yet to build my collar. Granted I have had a busy year so far, but I could have found time. I wont have time now though for at least another month. I even already have a tap. I have the tap, just nowhere to put it

:eek:

Ah, thats great news. I plan on keeping my CO2 external, so ill be good for 4 taps.

I also called Home Depot and the guy was extremely helpful. He knows I'm driving 100+ miles to get this.

External (if you care) 34x24

Internal:
25" Deep (not on the hump)
18" Deep to hump
17" Front to Back
20" Hump to Side
8.5" Length of Hump

So the main compartment for kegs is 17"x20". If someone has corny dimensions you could figure out how many you could fit in 17" x 20".

I my have to look into this for extra keg storage and lagering. I already have my Sanyo 4912 kegerator built. The wife is going to kill me

Don't know if anyone noticed but that is an internet deal 76 bucks shipping Now $232.49. Sorry if everyone knew that. I know I didn't realize it till SWMBO informed me after sending her the link tell her we were going to HD tonight.

Don't know if anyone noticed but that is an internet deal 76 bucks shipping Now $232.49. Sorry if everyone knew that. I know I didn't realize it till SWMBO informed me after sending her the link tell her we were going to HD tonight.

are you sure about that? it specifically says that the 10% discount is available at all stores.
Home Depot Website said:
10% OFF Refrigerators and Freezers. Offer valid 5/29/2008 - 6/4/2008 on refrigerator and freezer purchases in all U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam and U.S. Virgin Island The Home Depot stores. Offer not valid on prior purchases. No credit if offer refused. Some restrictions apply. See associate for details.

I just called a local Home Depot and spoke with a manager and he claimed "we do not compete with the the Home Depot website and the price is $219 (10% off of $219 due to sale). If you click on the offer it says you buy them at the store. What BS. I think the Sams 7.0 Cubic feet model is still the best deal. Has anyone else had any different luck with Home Depot?

That price is only if you order it online. It says right below it:
"Internet Deal" Like the poster above said. The store does not compete. Your store might but that would be the only way you'd get that price.

Would these fit a 1/2 barrel in them? In the off chance I drop a keg party 5gal cornies wont last long and Id hate to see people chugging my homebrew (given it turns out good)

Man, I'm drooling looking at these pictures and reading these posts. I hardly have any woodworking experience but my confidence is very high... mostly driven by envy. I am, however, really nervous about the rewiring of one of these for temperature control.

Is it really difficult or can a moron like me do it?

Man, I'm drooling looking at these pictures and reading these posts. I hardly have any woodworking experience but my confidence is very high... mostly driven by envy. I am, however, really nervous about the rewiring of one of these for temperature control.

Yeah, its not that hard really.. I did it with a circular saw because I had one that will do 45*'s. There is a link in my signature, and several others on this site have used this same freezer for collars. It does rock =)

Use a Ranco or Johnson Controls prewired thermostat. No wiring, just put the temp probe in the freezer.

Back