☕ Coffee ☕: Ingredients, Roasting, Grinding, Brewing, and Tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much from me. Been drinking Magnum Exotics Blue Jamaica from Costco for a few years now. Grind my beans every morning with my Baratza Virtuoso and brew in my Bonavita. Good enough to keep me going for cheap.

I check HBT here pretty regularly but just lurk. Still plenty of coffee for me. All the interesting Ethiopian coffee seems to be gone now, though.

Overall, i think it takes more money or a lot more luck to get interesting coffee now vs 5 years ago. Lots of stuff from the usual green coffee suppliers is just OK. Better coffees are getting higher prices.

Kinda new to roasting myself. Wondering where’s the best beans for a decent price? I am not necessarily looking for top/premium or anything, just a good everyday morning coffee.

Thanks for any help!
My wife has been getting the beans we use from Coffee Corral. They seem to be in the area of 7 to 8 dollars a pound with an occasional sale. The premium beans are higher, but the ones we have bought have been reasonable.

Kinda new to roasting myself. Wondering where’s the best beans for a decent price? I am not necessarily looking for top/premium or anything, just a good everyday morning coffee.

Thanks for any help!
You dont have to pay much for good coffee (depends were u are) Dont cheap out either. Were I am the Average for very good coffee is $15/lb, Used to be $11, but prices are going up, and wont be coming down, so I stock up when I can.

Back