Brew Boss 2 controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nmnbrewer

Reaction score
Question for anyone who may have the new Brew Boss Controller version 2. It looks like the 2 plugs on the front of the controller are 240 volt plugins and it clearly states that you cannot plug a 120 appliance into them. Does that mean that I can't plug a 120 chugger pump into the controller and that I'm limited to a 24 volt dc pump with power supply. I apologize but Im no electrician. This may very well have an easy answer to it so please don't judge. Ha.

I have the same system but I plugged in one of those power converters for 220/240 to 120 volts, like the ones needed when travelling overseas. Also, there are power supplies which will take 240 volts and power 120 volt appliances. The Brew-Boss system uses one of these for the inline pump. Check carefully on the converters for the amount of power it can handle. I have one that will only handle up to 1 amp and all this is really good for is charging the tablet used with the controller. Pumps may require more than 1 amp so make sure you match up the converter for your power requirements. Hope this helps.

Back