Brewmiester and my 1st time experience making beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HermSherbert

Reaction score
Started researching how to make beer about 3 months ago and finally bought everything I need ( well almost ) to make beer. I got an affordable starter kit for around $200 and a brew kit to make Belgian IPA all at the same time. Little did I know that I was short a 7lb jar of malt extract and a package of yeast. I made the batch with a pack of baking yeast and after 5 day elapsed and some phone calls to brewmiester they evaluated that I had an incomplete recipe kit and they refunded the batch entirely. This was my first time making beer and I'm a little frustrated from my loss of time but brewmiester offered to refund me without me even asking so this was a plus

Bummer. Hang in there, you'll have your own beer before you know it

Is this the Brewmeister in California (Folsom and Roseville)?

I was looking to buy some kits there to save on Northern's shipping, but am having trouble finding people who have used their kits.

thadius856 said:
Is this the Brewmeister in California (Folsom and Roseville)?

I was looking to buy some kits there to save on Northern's shipping, but am having trouble finding people who have used their kits.

Yeah I went to the one in Folsom but I couldn't tell you much about their kits. I'm doing my second attempt, ever. In my first attempt they forgot malt extract and yeast with my first batch. I ended up dumping it in the gutter , but they were generous enough to replace it free ( at the cost of my own time and gas to get back there of course ). This second batch I clogged my siphon during racking ended up getting frustrated and used a funnel and poured it into the secondary fermenter, so I aerated it really bad doing this. It's probably going to suck for me, but I'm sure if someone did it properly it would taste good. Sorry I can't be of much help, I'm an absolute novice at this right now

Back