Burp Castle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alembic

Reaction score
There is a little bar on east 8th street in NYC called the Burb caslte. It serves some great quality small micro brews in bottles as well as on tap. I haven't been there in a few years so I don't know if it is still around. It was one of the few beer bars where you could in my opinion really relax and be at one with the beer. The really cool thing about the place was that the staff dressed up monks, the walls had murals of monks drinking beers and they played monk chants on the stereo. I tell you the place was NIRVANA in my humble opinion. I live in Vermont now and I can't tell you how much I miss that place sometimes. By the way this place was just down the street from the legendary McSorleys!!

I've been to McSorley's once about two years ago during spring break. The wife is from Jersey and has friends that live in the city and that is where they chose to take me for my first beer in the city. It's great when you ask what kind of beer they have and the response, "both kinds light AND dark".

Jason

Back