COLD TOWER tower coolers review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpersk_a

Reaction score
I posted this awhile back not knowing this review chat forum was here. But i thought it was important so im putting it in here for the record.

Hey all. I built a keezer and needed a tower cooler for it and the party we are having in a couple days. Being short on time i decided to order a COLD TOWER, tower cooler. This item arrived and would not work. Little bit of diagnosis revealed that the Female DC power plug on the blower unit had the wires fastened to the terminals with hot glue only. There was absolutely no solder. I guess they don't verify their products functionality before shipping it. After fixing the problem the unit appears to work ok. I notified cold tower and here was their response.

"I understand your concern, but I cannot warranty a unit that was disassembled and worked on. In order for me to provide a warranty, I have to have the unit returned to me so I can verify the problem. If you had contacted me when you found the unit to not be working, I would ve initiated a return at no cost to you."

I guess their lack of quality and quality control and ability to assemble electronic goods speaks for itself.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I realize this is a very old post. My recent contact them regarded buying a replacement fan for the unit I currently have. His response was that they do not sell replacement fans. I then asked where he gets his fans so I could source it myself instead of buying a whole new unit. He never replied to my question. If I can't find a replacement fan for the current unit I have, I sure as hell am not going to buy another unit from them.

looks like a blower fan from that pic. Can you remove it and post a picture of any specs or sticker on the back side of the fan?

There are no labels on it. It is a 75mm X 75MM X 30MM blower fan. I can find the right size but I can't even come close to the 34cfm Cold Tower says they use. Humm. Best I found so far is 13.6cfm. That's not even half. Makes me wonder if it is a special build just for Cold Tower or they are full of it. IDK.

Back