Homebrew Headquarters Dalllas, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordHumungus

Reaction score
Not sure how many of you are from the Dallas area, but if you are you've no doubt gone here. Great group of guys,do their best not to roll their eyes at my stupid questions. Anyone order from them online?

I've never ordered from them online, but they are one of my two primary LHBS. I agree, the guys there are great. Most of them are really helpful and knowledgeble long time brewers.

Six? I'd like to hear about those. I haven't found all the Dallas Metro locations yet.

I've visited HBHQ several times. I've bought all my ingredients from them thus far. They've helped me get started as much as this forum and they're pretty nice guys. Prices are pretty great on ingredients, but a little high on equipment.

Six? I'd like to hear about those. I haven't found all the Dallas Metro locations yet.

I've visited HBHQ several times. I've bought all my ingredients from them thus far. They've helped me get started as much as this forum and they're pretty nice guys. Prices are pretty great on ingredients, but a little high on equipment.

there's homebrew hq, winemakers toy store, texas brewing inc, dr jekylls, and fort worth homebrew here that i know of. there's 1 guy at hbhq who, last time i went, was bored, irritating, hung over, and refused my discount (early 30's, around 6', skinny). put me off of them for now

I popped into Winemakers Toystore, on your advice. Its too far from me typically, but was a good store with friendly help. The milling was nice a small.

The rest are a 30 dollar drive from me :/
Might as well pay shipping.

they are one of my two primary LHBS

Where's the other one? HBHQ is the only LHBS I know of in the Dallas area.

I have used HBHQ for all of my ingredients and all of my brew-specific equipment. For the most part their prices are competitive enough with the internet that I don't have to worry that I'm getting screwed or constantly compare. They are open late enough that I can stop by after work and they also open on Sunday, which has saved my brew at least once when I forgot yeast.

Everything I've made has the ingredients from HBHQ.

In DFW there is HBHQ (Richardson), Winemaker's Toy Store (Carrollton), Fort Worth Homebrew (FTW), Dr. Jeckyll's (Panetgo), Texas Brewing (Haltom City), Foreman's (Colleyville), Brewhaus (Keller). Brewhaus is actually a mail order/internet-only store for distillers but they will allow you to pick up orders. They have decent prices on 5lb.+ bags of grain.

Back