OK Does this sound ok for a keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two cornies? You sure that's all? I wouldn't bother if that's really all you could fit in there, if you're going to the trouble to make a keezer, you're going to want to be able to keep more than that in there (especially if you want to do any lagering or cold conditioning).

Thats all I have at the moment is 2 cornies but I am sure that I could fit a few carboys in aswell. I was just worried about the cornies first. Thanks Bird

It's 10cubic feet. I would venture a guess that it'll fit more than 2 cornies in there. If you can get it for $75, I say go for it. That's a heck of a deal for a freezer that used to cost almost $500 (according to your link).

Shoot, I can put 3 cornies in my 5.0 cuft. That's a well-insulated freezer and should work fine.

I have a tower on a chest freezer and I agree with BM. It's annoying when I open the lid. I have to pull it way out from it's nook and be super careful, even so, sometimes I connect a keg and it starts shooting beer out the nozzle at me because it hit something on the shelf and opened the tap. :)

Yeah... right. Satan himself couldn't hate your keezer.

I'm getting ready to convert a freezer myself and can't decide about the tap issue. Seems like you'll always run the risk of accidently hitting a tap handle when you're swapping kegs or doing work inside.

Yeah... right. Satan himself couldn't hate your keezer.

I'm getting ready to convert a freezer myself and can't decide about the tap issue. Seems like you'll always run the risk of accidently hitting a tap handle when you're swapping kegs or doing work inside.

Do what I did, build the collar flush with the edges and attach it to the lid. The hinges attach to the collar so the whole schmear - collar, lid, and faucets - lift up when I open it. Nothing but freezer wall in the way of a full keg or carboy.

Sounds like a good deal.

And everyone is right, that should fit more. I can fit 4 cornies in my 7 cu. ft. freezer, plus a bunch of bottles or a CO2 tank.

I am building a trap door through the top of mine. Then I can have the back row, like Jester's and not have to do any tipping of the tower. Besides, it is kind of retro, like the old soda coolers, only with taps. LOL. S

Back