Start of my Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgrier

Reaction score
Went out and got a nice freezer this week-end.
Got it at sears. The SWMBO wanted a black one. Mainly because it is going to out on our back patio and she wanted it to look nice.
I can only fit 4 kegs in it but that is cool.

I got one of these for the temp control.

Not sure why I popped for the digital one instead .. but hey.. I did ... oh well it works just fine.

I am going to have to wait till next month to build the collar. I need to do some reading and studying before I start on that project.

2500047143_24132e1a2f.jpg

2500046977_954710d989.jpg

2500876192_4ebc1797bb.jpg

2500876284_1603c517d9_m.jpg

Nice. You'll be glad you got the digital temp control. I think you can adjust the "swing" a bit more....plus it'll do hot or cold.

congrats, love the black, and u'll love the digital setup, it's nice to see the temp any time you want. Cheers!!

SWEET!! Are you going to put that baby on some casters? The bigger the caster the less ya have to bend over to pour a glass of beer :D

Thanks guys for the responses.

I did not think about Casters. Those are something I could get at lowes or HD ?
I like that idea.

Thanks guys for the responses.

I did not think about Casters. Those are something I could get at lowes or HD ?
I like that idea.

Pretty sure you can get them there although check out harbor freight first. Huge selection a few weeks ago when I was there and they were 1/4 the price than at lowes or home depot. :D

What size is that freezer? I am looking for a black one as well and the selection is pretty slim around here and I really don't feel like painting a whole freezer with black appliance paint. Thanks

+1 on that.....I have the identical freezer, but mine was white and I sanded/painted it black. Scratches show through as white....but it's not too bad. I'd rather have just bought it that way to begin with, though ;)

yes, how many cubic ft is that? I'm starting to think about my kegerator to build into my bar in the summer. I'm wanting 4 kegss, Co2 tank and manifold and hopefully room for a 6.5G Carboy

This is it. SEARS had it on sale this week-end.
50$ off this price.

It is 8.8 and only hold 4. It has a nice side area tho that can hold a case of bottles. I will have to test the carboy thing.

Bobby M talked about his being 8.9 and he can get 5 in his.
I do think that that .1 would make a difference. I could almost get another one in mine.. and that extra space would just about make it happen.

I am happy with 4 and I use that extra space to put the gas in.
We are keeping it out on our covered patio and as you can see I have a little tv out there and a table and I watch baseball games out there (which is nice)

Plus the SWMBO likes it ... so I got that going for me which is nice.

T

4 plus ample room for co2 and manifold seems like it should be enough for me probably. I was just thinking about trying to find one that would hold 4 plus a carboy for lagering

Back