Super No-Rinse Beverage System Cleaner, 5 lb Tub $16.31 Save 38%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfield43

Reaction score
Special Offer - Super No-Rinse Beverage System Cleaner, 5 lb Tub
nc859_2.jpg

Here is the SDS, I am not sure you can buy the active ingedints for much less than this price. https://www.nationalchemicals.com/w...ld/assets/SafetySheets/SDS_Super_No_Rinse.pdf
I don't know anything about these guys either.
In case you are wondering hy someone with such a low post count is recomeding deals from all sorts of strange companies, here is the deal.
I am an insomniac, when I can't sleep I get online,search for homebrewing deals.
When I find somthing that looks like a good deal, just not somthing I need, I pass the savings on to you!
Homebrewing.org has this stuff for $10 a pound so this looks to bea deal, depending on shipping.

Anyone know how well this works?

From their SDS:
COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS
● Sodium Sesquicarbonate 35-50%
● Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate ≤ 5%
● Other ingredients are judged to be non-hazardous, their CAS numbers and exact percent of composition are proprietary to National Chemicals, Inc.

From Wikipedia:
Sodium sesquicarbonate (systematic name: trisodium hydrogendicarbonate) Na3H(CO3)2 is a double salt of sodium bicarbonate and sodium carbonate (NaHCO3 · Na2CO3).

That's basically Washing Soda and Baking Soda, at equal amounts.

The remainder of 45-60% is unknown. Probably a small amount of surfactants, and chelating compounds (such as EDTA).
I wonder if it contains a large % of common (table) salt (NaCl). It's a cheap filler, and apparently used in other cleaning products (7th Generation comes to mind).

The catch:
Cheapest shipping (merely) one container runs at:
$16.86UPS GroundUnited Parcel Service

At around $6.60 a pound (including shipping) you are probably much better off using (Generic) Oxiclean or homemade PBW.

Back