Very nice kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to do that. AHH....stop showing me stuff like that.

So, how did he get the beer into the cornies? (I know very little about this kegging business and need to keep it that way:D )

The only drawback to doing it that way is when you open the lid you have to watch out for the wall or else beer will pour back behind the freexer...

Monster Mash said:
The only drawback to doing it that way is when you open the lid you have to watch out for the wall or else beer will pour back behind the freexer...

If you can't figure out how to open it without spilling beer, call me and I'll come hit you on the head with a tackhammer....lol

Nice writeup. Makes me wonder if I still want to drill into my fridge, or buy a chest freezer. I think in the end though, a fridge will still be easier to use.

Jester4176 said:
If you can't figure out how to open it without spilling beer, call me and I'll come hit you on the head with a tackhammer....lol

Maybe you can explain how to do it? I don't see how a tackhammer would help...

EdWort said:
Take the tap handles off.

The faucet threads are still taller then the towers and you have to remove all of the handles everytime you open the lid. The biggest drawback is getting kegs in and out when you can't open the lid all the way. You have to prop the lid open with a stick and slide the kegs in at an angle. It also makes cleaning a pain. A friend of mine built one with a 5 tap tower and he hates it.

It is a nice looking setup though.

Back