Mypin setup/configuration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubahiker

Reaction score
I picked up a used control panel that uses Mypin controllers. For the build out of the rest of system, I'm using ElectricBrewery's instructions. The 3 Mypins used on the controller are:

TD4-SNR+SSR = Boil Kettle
TA4-SNR+K = Mash tun
TA4-SNR = HLT

My temp probs are from Electric Brewery. I did have to rewire the connection to the PIDs to get them to read the temp. Previous wiring was using 7-10, new wiring is 7-9. If I need to revisit that, let me know. Is there a way to calibrate the temp probes? I noticed all 3 of them showed a different temperature. Didn't matter which one was plugged in. Was wondering if there was a setting that need to be cleared or adjusted.

For your PID settings, what are you using for your Mypin's? Any guidance on how to use these would be great.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0403 (1).jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
For temperature, use a different instant read thermometer to verify the temp, then adjust your controller to that temp. I try to get something around a 0.5 degree difference. You can adjust your set points to offset where you want your controlled variable to be from there.
I use the autotune feature for PID settings. You can spend a lot of time chasing PID settings but the autotune will get you close enough. Again, just offset your controlled variable setpoint to dial in what you want.
I have 2 TD4's. One for my RIMS tube and one for my boil kettle. My boil kettle is about 1.5 degrees off of the set point but I use it mostly in manual mode for the boil anyway. The RIMS controller is more accurate. It's within 1 degree of my set point. So if I want 152F, I'll initially set to 153, then trim back to 151.8 to hold as close to 152 as possible. If I just enter 152, it will linger closer to 151 and won't really hit 152.

Thanks @bstacy1974! That's what I needed to know. I've corrected the offsets, so now I just need to wait till I'm finished with my build before I can do the autotune.

Latest posts

Back