BrewPiLessGx: BrewPiLess with Touched TFT display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any 1-wire relay. Neither do I have idea about what goes wrong.
The way PTC and capping control use actuators is the same as calling and heating, which uses a virtual "Actuator" class that might be
"DigitalPinActuator" or "OneWireActuator".
Thanks @pocketmon I'll start looking into the Actuator class.

I tried using io pin 22 to control the relay for PTC (instead of one of the two DS2413 1-wire boards that share io pin 21) This worked as expected: temperature higher then set point switched on the relay..

I did same for Capper using io pin 22 and that worked as expected too.

So it appears that PTC and Capper don't work on 1-wire using a DS2413.

To summarize the settings I tried in the Devices list for BrewPiLess with two DS2413 boards on io pin 21:

i) IOA1, IOB1, IOA2, IOB2: heat, cool, PTC, Capper
ii) IOA1, IOB1, IOA2, IOB2: PTC, Capper, heat, cool
iii) IOA1, IOB1, IOA2, IOB2: PTC, Capper, None, None
PTC and Capper didn't work as expected. (although I can toggle Capper manually in Control window)

Using IO pin 22 directly:
iv) IOA1, IOB1, IO22: Heat, Cool, PTC
v) IOA1, IOB1, IO22: Heat, Cool, Capper
Both of these worked as expected.

I need to figure this out as I can now have either capper or PTC by using io pin 22, but not both. Still, a big step forward :) I will look into Actuator class.

Last edited:
I compared the source with temperatureControl.
The only difference I saw is that in Capping and PTC,
the actuator is compared to 'defaultActuator' before 'setActive()', which seems unnecessary and was not done in temperatureControl.
However, I don't see that would matter.

I compared the source with temperatureControl.
The only difference I saw is that in Capping and PTC,
the actuator is compared to 'defaultActuator' before 'setActive()', which seems unnecessary and was not done in temperatureControl.
However, I don't see that would matter.
Thanks for looking into it. Maybe it is something in the way 1-wire is implemented although I can't imagine what. I will see if I can find anything.

Back