Drip feed fertilizer injector for deer repellent?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveH aka shetc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Beer Lovers,

There is a substantial deer overpopulation where I live. As a result, most homes have pretty limited gardens in their front yards. Liquid deer repellent works pretty well but needs regular reapplying with a sprayer of some sort. Would it be possible to use a drip feed fertilizer injector for deer repellent?

probably, yes. I don't see why it wouldn't work. injection systems work fine with things like fish emulsion. I can't see why a deer repellent (mostly sulfur, blood, etc) would not work.

the only issue i'd see is that a drip system is designed to slowly soak the soil in a cone, and deer repellents are best applied over a broad surface. kind of opposite application methods.

probably, yes. I don't see why it wouldn't work. injection systems work fine with things like fish emulsion. I can't see why a deer repellent (mostly sulfur, blood, etc) would not work.

the only issue i'd see is that a drip system is designed to slowly soak the soil in a cone, and deer repellents are best applied over a broad surface. kind of opposite application methods.
Thanks for the reply! I was thinking about those little drip feed sprinklers like this:
Screenshot_20231220_203321_Home Depot.jpg

to spray individual plants that the deer go for.

Latest posts

Back