Micromatic Side Pull Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two of the Micromatics and don't regret the purchases at all. I can do all the "Czech" pours (including the "slow pour" which is a North American invention), just like I've seen done with Lukr faucets. And it doesn't require an adapter and doesn't stick way out from the keezer like a Lukr.

One thing though...there's no manual/parts breakdown available, or at least there wasn't when I bought mine. May be time to search again. It would be nice to be able to fix them someday if that becomes necessary.

I have two of the Micromatics and don't regret the purchases at all. I can do all the "Czech" pours (including the "slow pour" which is a North American invention), just like I've seen done with Lukr faucets. And it doesn't require an adapter and doesn't stick way out from the keezer like a Lukr.

One thing though...there's no manual/parts breakdown available, or at least there wasn't when I bought mine. May be time to search again. It would be nice to be able to fix them someday if that becomes necessary.
Perfect! I have one on the way. I’m a big fan of Czech lagers but I don’t brew them because they are always so much better when served properly.

Perfect! I have one on the way. I’m a big fan of Czech lagers but I don’t brew them because they are always so much better when served properly.

I recommend not limiting the faucet to only Czech lagers. I use mine for pretty much any lager. And Altbier, etc. It's nice to be able to add a (more or less) controlled amount of creamy foam. The odd thing is, I used to have all "creamer" faucets (also from micromatic), but they didn't really do what their "swing lever" faucet can do. Or maybe I'm just trying harder now.

I recommend not limiting the faucet to only Czech lagers. I use mine for pretty much any lager. And Altbier, etc. It's nice to be able to add a (more or less) controlled amount of creamy foam. The odd thing is, I used to have all "creamer" faucets (also from micromatic), but they didn't really do what their "swing lever" faucet can do. Or maybe I'm just trying harder now.
I do enjoy me some head 🤣.

In fact, I add 5% chit or wheat to almost every recipe to make sure I get it.

I do enjoy me some head 🤣.

In fact, I add 5% chit or wheat to almost every recipe to make sure I get it.

Speaking of foam, I thought I knew pretty much everything about it (yeah, right). I even plunked down big bucks for Bamforth's rather thin book, "Foam." So today I watched a video where Charlie mentioned rather emphatically that one (or two) of the most important things you can do for foam is (are) mash at the highest practical temperature, at a low pH. I need to re-read "Foam," but I don't think Charlie directly mentioned that in the book, though my memory might be like that kitchen utensil thing with the holes in it, what's it called?

Speaking of foam, I thought I knew pretty much everything about it (yeah, right). I even plunked down big bucks for Bamforth's rather thin book, "Foam." So today I watched a video where Charlie mentioned rather emphatically that one (or two) of the most important things you can do for foam is (are) mash at the highest practical temperature, at a low pH. I need to re-read "Foam," but I don't think Charlie directly mentioned that in the book, though my memory might be like that kitchen utensil thing with the holes in it, what's it called?
Interesting, I don’t think I have heard that. Something else I’ve heard is to slowly do the cold crash in 5 degree increments daily until you get down to cold crash temps. I might try that.

IMG_2333.jpeg

I brewed up a 12 degree Czech pale lager last week. It is currently fermenting.

Can’t wait to try it out with my new Micromatic side pull faucet!

Question for the guys that have one, are you supposed to fill from under the foam like the Lukr? The nozzle doesn’t seem like it’s very long.

Question for the guys that have one, are you supposed to fill from under the foam like the Lukr? The nozzle doesn’t seem like it’s very long.

I operate it just like a Lukr. The nozzle isn't as long on a Lukr, but it's long enough, at least when using a dimple mug.

If you cold crash try doing a much slower, gradual cold crash. It will make a big difference in head retention.

Latest posts

Back