What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A homebrew Maibock again.
20240515_190742.jpg

I'm into fitness. Fitness whole pizza in my mouth. :p

20240515_182311.jpg

On the road out east. We drove from Mpls to Cleveland today. Long day and we're both hungry. Having pizza and a Great Lakes Dortmunder at a place near our hotel. On to the Finger Lakes region of NY tomorrow. Staying at an AirBnB there for 5 nights. Hope to meet up with @pshankstar for a brew!

I'm into fitness. Fitness whole pizza in my mouth. :p

View attachment 848748

On the road out east. We drove from Mpls to Cleveland today. Long day and we're both hungry. Having pizza and a Great Lakes Dortmunder at a place near our hotel. On to the Finger Lakes region of NY tomorrow. Staying at an AirBnB there for 5 nights. Hope to meet up with @pshankstar for a brew!
It's been a while since I use to regularly work travel to Cleveland but a great place for German bars. Most are in the southwest area. I think it was Sachsenheim Hall that I really liked. Lots of fresh German lagers on draft 🤤

And Mitchell's Ice Cream is a must hit if you're not in a pizza coma by now :)

Onto the West Coast IPA debacle. Pint out of the fermenter. So pitching S-05 definitely helped with the too sweet issue. Dropped it from 1.030 to 1.018. ABV©7.8%ish. I had added the hop oil "3Cs" prior to this though. I've had a ton of old school WCIPAs and this hop profile fits it. I'm getting an almost smoky off flavor but I know it's not chlorine components.

I have no interest in keeping it on tap so one and done but happy for the progress made from the attempted "fix".

PXL_20240516_002202188.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Golden Monkey tripel from Victory brewing. I've never tried it before, and after this 6-pack I doubt I will buy it again; it's too sweet. It also has too much banana and what I think is coriander but I'm not sure, but the sweetness is the real turnoff. The clove is nice. For the same price I can get a 4-pack of LaChouffe. I might try mixing the next bottle with a can of Hamm's to tone it down a little.

Back