Burner fizzling out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sDriver

Reaction score
I have a bayou classic 10psi I have used for several years. Lately it seems that I am not getting a nice rolling boil like I used to, even on new tanks and cranked full open. Do these things lose their mojo or is something else going on with my low boils?

Check the gas orifices and the propane connection. Little spiders love to crawl in there and clog up the works.
Crap, I was going to update my post after thinking about it but you beat me to it. Was going to add the flames coming out seem normal, non restricted, no kinks or dings. Its still winter here so I wouldn't think any creepy crawly's would be around, but its a good idea and I will try to clean or blow out the line. Just wondering: the ring with the holes where gas comes out to make flames, is it cast iron? Water would be bad for cleaning it?

Last edited:
mine was acting the same. I took the one bolt out and it was a bit rusty on the inside. I cleaned it up with a wire wheel and it was back to normal.

Back