Can I add pumpkin pie flavor after my beer is kegged?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milhouse

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have about 4 gallons of a malty Oktoberfest that I kegged five weeks ago. This beer just isn't doing it for me. I seem to taste a little twang to it. I want to see if I can add some type of pumkin pie flavoring (ie. brewcraft?) or spices to this to maybe mask some of that twang and give it a little bit more character. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'd think you could make a pumpkin pie spice tea like in the Thunderstruck recipe and add that into the keg. I know people dry hop directly into a keg they are serving so I don't know why this wouldn't work.

Throw 1tsp of pumpkin pie spice in a few OZ of boiling water for a few min to kill any bugs on it and add the liquid to the keg. That will give a nice mild pumpkin pie flavor to the beer.

I just won a "Pumpkin Brew Off" at a party by brewing a lager and adding 2 vanilla beans and about 2 tsp pie spice. Tastes like grandma brewed it!

Back