Keg liquid out issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneTreeFarms

Reaction score
Long story short dad dropped off a couple used soda kegs that he picked up from who knows where. I cleaned the bejesus out of them new rubbers on everything. Filled two of them with brews and both have had the same issue. They carb up. Hold pressure but no liquid comes out. Nail set mashed into both popits. Nothing out of the liquid out. Not even co2. In post shoots beer out so I know that one is good. Gut says plugged out post. But like I said I cleaned everything. Inside and out. These are the blue top kegs if that helps at all. First one I transferred beer out. Dip tube was clear. Confused to say the least. Help.

If you indeed have the short dip tube under the notched gas post on both kegs either you somehow managed to slam the ends of both long dip tubes flat into the keg bottoms (highly freakin' unlikely), the beer at the bottom of the kegs is frozen (again, "out there"), or some debris is plugging the Out flow. There's not much else left...

Cheers!

It was a two hearted clone. Could be a plugged outflow. Just odd that I couldn't even get co2 to come out. I'll check tomorrow and report back.

Back