Schell's Schell Shocked, Can You Clone It?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneTreeFarms

Reaction score
like the title says I'm looking for a clone to Schell's new Seasonal Schell Shocked! their website describes it as a German Radler, 4.6% alcohol, Subtly sweet with a grapefruit twist. It's delicious. Happily I'm not afraid to admit that I've never developed a recipe and would have no idea where to start except to ask for help from the vast wealth of knowledge here.

Thanks in advance!

http://schellsbrewery.com/beer/schell-shocked-grapefruit-radler-beer/

View attachment untitled.bmp

bump? can't find this in any stores now and would like to give it a go, has anyone had this before?

thanks

Since nobody had responded I'll give it a shot. I'm not familiar at all with a Radler recipe but I know it's like or is a shandy. From what I've read briefly it sounds like you can brew any Weissbeer and then blend it with a Grapefruit juice? I'm not sure about bottling it with one but maybe a mix of them or something? I'm sorry I'm not really knowledgable as some other members but you needed a response and part of home brewing is experimenting! Let me know what you decide on doing I'm interested

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure of how to make it either, but ive drank many of those. Schells makes some great beers.
Its a bit sweeter than say a Leinie's Summer Shandy. I'm thinking its a low ABV Wiess backsweetened with sweetened red grapefruit juice. What the sweetener is, I couldnt tell you.

Latest posts

Back