Daylight Savings Time (the good one)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesy_Goodness

Reaction score
I just realized tomorrow is daylight savings time, don't forget to turn your clocks back.

So the burning question on everyone's mind is: What are you going to do with that whole extra 60 minutes?

I haven't brewed in ages, and I've got ingredients for a porter and a saison. I think I'll use it for a 60 minute mash :mug:

...or more likely, I'll use it to nurse a hangover.

I don't call this one "the good one". I hate that it gets dark so early. It really cuts into my being able to do stuff outside after work. I feel like hibernating way too early in the evening.

I have to find a way to exercise or I'll be an unhealthy slob before long.

I wish we stayed on "Daylight Savings Time" year-round. Just permanently move all of the timezones 1 step to the East. Seeing dusk at 4:00 PM is friggin' depressing.

Neither one is good, I usually wake up before my alarm which is set for six. This morning I have been awake since four, after going to bed after 11. It's going to be a long day.

There is no good daylight saving time. I can understand the rationale for why it was started initially. With our near 24 hour working economy, it really isnt as energy/cost/stress effective as it used to be. Do away with it I say.

Then again I also strongly feel we need to work out a way to change the calendars to a 8 or 9 day week rather than 7. That way every weekend is a 3 day weekend and we could even have a 6 day work week to compensate. People would be happier. I would be able to get more done, and be better rested. Win win.

There is no good daylight saving time. I can understand the rationale for why it was started initially. With our near 24 hour working economy, it really isnt as energy/cost/stress effective as it used to be. Do away with it I say.

Then again I also strongly feel we need to work out a way to change the calendars to a 8 or 9 day week rather than 7. That way every weekend is a 3 day weekend and we could even have a 6 day work week to compensate. People would be happier. I would be able to get more done, and be better rested. Win win.

I was with you on the daylight savings and the 3 day weekends.

Go bless yerself on the 6 day workweek! Go bless yerself dry!

I was with you on the daylight savings and the 3 day weekends.

Go bless yerself on the 6 day workweek! Go bless yerself dry!

Hah. But would you accept a 6 day workweek if it meant that you got to always have 3 day weekends? I dont think it is too much to ask.

Alternately maybe you would be up for the workweek to be 4 - 10 hour days

Hah. But would you accept a 6 day workweek if it meant that you got to always have 3 day weekends? I dont think it is too much to ask.

Alternately maybe you would be up for the workweek to be 4 - 10 hour days

No. I don't even want to work the 5 they expect of me now.

But I would be willing to come in earlier, and skip lunch, if it means getting out earlier.

That savings time stuff just doesn't make any sense to me. I can never figure out what time it is around the rest of the country. Is the day still 24hrs long? :drunk:;)

Where i am in northern Canada we don't change time. We also don't get much daylight in the winter anyways. We do get lot's in the summer though.

I just realized tomorrow is daylight savings time, don't forget to turn your clocks back.

So the burning question on everyone's mind is: What are you going to do with that whole extra 60 minutes?

I haven't brewed in ages, and I've got ingredients for a porter and a saison. I think I'll use it for a 60 minute mash :mug:

...or more likely, I'll use it to nurse a hangover.

You are incorrect - we went off of DST, not on it. This is how the day should be, and was before DST was invented & implemented.

Seeing as how we are basically a 24-hour-a-day society, and DST wsa to give farmers more "time" in the fields, I don't see why we have kept up with this stupid (IMHO) tradition.

I agree.

Back