Detroit Area - Stroh's recipes - have any ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveoatley

someone has to fail, so the rest of you look good
Reaction score
Hey HBT,

I am looking for some help with recipes for Stroh's Pilsner & Stroh's Bohemian Pils

Stroh's was the biggest brewer in Michigan, back in "the day", grew too big, too fast and ran themselves into the ground in the 1980's

But hey, Stroh's (orignal) Pilsner was my First beer ( as a kid no doubt ;) )

Pabst owns the Stroh's name and recipes since the late 1990's, and has just started to make the Pilsner again....... and it is unmistakably the first beer I ever had
( don't you have a place in your heart for your first ? )

Pabst is also doing a Bohemian Pilsner ( circa 1880 ) recipe by Strohs as well
That beer is being contract brewed here in Detroit as well, and it's pretty good !

So, I was wondering if any Detroiters out there have a recipe for either beer they would be willing to share.....?

Thanks in advance

Steve

I remember Stroh's back when I was a teen when I lived in New York (back around 1977 or 1978 I think is when I first had one if I remember correctly). Good beer, hope someone chimes in for you!

John

Head up to adventures in homebrewing in Taylor on a Sunday, see "Don" he works for Brew Detroit and brews the new strohs beer. I bet he could give you some pointers...real nice guy, bring a sample of some homebrew or rare brew to taste with him, I bet he can give you a good shot at a decent clone.

Back