Texas in the house!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Havens

Reaction score
Hello all,
My name is Wayne Havens. I have been brewing for about 5 years. I haven't had the chance to brew in about 1 1/2 years. I am about to start again. My favorite style of beers are the belgian and german styles. My two favorites are saison and hefewiesen. My signature creation is a jalepeno ale. I had to privilege to attend the Spirit Of Belgium in DC back in 2001. I got to meet many gifted homebrewers as well as Chris White of White Labs and Micheal Jackson. I look forward to meeting you on the boards!!

Hey Wayne , glad you showed up. Lot's of Texan's on this site. Your thoughts and comments are more than welcomed.

welcome back to the dark side Wayne! what part of God's country are you from?

look'n forward to your post's and comments.

Is Texas the most represented state here? It sure seems that way.

Y'all behave, now. I know if you get too many Texans together, they can get rowdy ;)

Welcome to the forums :D

seems like we have a good contingent of Texan's here doesn't it? speaking of, any Houston area members listen up:
Two Row's Restaurant and Brewery is having a Brewmaster's Dinner tonight @ 6:30 pm. 4 course meal w/ each course paired w/ a brew. a tour and yuck'in it up w. Ian (brewmaster) after dessert. $35/person. my wife and i are gonna make the 1.5 hr voyage............i'll be the one drink'n a beer!

DeRoux's Broux said:
my wife and i are gonna make the 1.5 hr voyage

Hey man, the bayou done dropped over the weekend...don't think you're gonna make it by boat ;)

Boy I'd sure like to come to this...do they have a day care center? :D

well, dat petit' cher baby of mine can row pretty good in da' tick mud, her.......got ahm's stronger dan cypress oar's, her.........

bring the crumb-snatcher!

Dang I've been living here too long...I understood every word you said.

I'd like to bring the crumb-snatcher's, but two of them need to be in bed by 8pm, and the third would probably get me kicked out when he tried to snatch a sample or two for himself :) On the other hand, I guess he could drive me home...hmmm.

I would have loved to have made it. But, I am feeling very sick today, besides I have the same problem as El Pistolero, I need a baby sitter.

Say El Pistolero, I am actually in New Caney. I live in kingwood before the occupation and was on the volunteer fire department. After I get my brewing started again, maybe we can get together and swap a few!

Hey, we're neighbors! Definately we'll have to get together and swap a few. I've got a few buds here getting into the craft also, so maybe it's time a NE Houston Club was formed...tho how we're gonna come up with a cool name like the KGB or the Mashtronauts have is beyond me :)

Well, there used to be a homebrew club in the area. We used to meet in spring. The homebrew is now defunct. We could revive the name. We called ourselves M.A.S.H. It stood for Mobile Ale Society of Houston. We had built a mobile RIMS brewery on a flatbed trailer. I do not know where the RIMS unit is now. I was elected president during the last year, but by then there were only 3 members, including myself left. I lost touch with one and the other moved to Oregon.

M.A.S.H. is not bad! Maybe we can talk hotlips (either one) into putting in a guest appearance :D

A RIMS brewery on a flatbed sounds pretty cool...put a good sized smoker and another burner for chili/crab/crawdaddy on their and you've got the makings for a pretty good brew session! :cool:

man, y'all missed a pretty good time last night. the lamb shank was damn good too!
we got to try a new beer not on tap yet.....whiskey barrel stout! wow!! was it good. it's the regular South Park Stout of Two Row's, but aged three weeks in a charred oak whiskey barrel. good food, good beer, good time!

Latest posts

Back