What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1694047424611.png

1694047838125.png

a brand new 4.4 cu ft fridge which took me literally 5 mins to set up by clamping a tap on the inside shelf. no drilling or cutting.
i figured since i can fit corny kegs in there if i cut off the inside door shelves, this fridge is always expandable. i got it specifically for my 3.5 liter amber PET barrel bottles. i freaking love these things.

My least favorite part of brew day is cooling wort, especially when not using kveik as getting it down to 70F or less is painstaking.

Ive been wanting one for a while and finally bought a JaDeD Scylla wort chiller for my foundry. Quality is top notch and it was packaged very well, looking forward to using it.

IMG_0344.jpegIMG_0343.jpegIMG_0341.jpeg

View attachment 828760

View attachment 828761
a brand new 4.4 cu ft fridge which took me literally 5 mins to set up by clamping a tap on the inside shelf. no drilling or cutting.
i figured since i can fit corny kegs in there if i cut off the inside door shelves, this fridge is always expandable. i got it specifically for my 3.5 liter amber PET barrel bottles. i freaking love these things.

I'm interested in your setup.
1. What is the purpose of the ball valves on the gas lines?
2. Is your first duotight fitting after the CO2 tank a check valve / backflow preventer?
3. How do you like your picnic tap 2.0 (2.1?)? I've been thinking about getting one.

My Ritebrew package arrived. 10 lbs Maris, some 1 lb bags of various UK malts--med and dark crystal, brown malt, pale choc malt, special roast. Also some bottle caps, a few packets of Notty, and a big honkin' 32 oz bottle of Starsan.

What a day. I brewed, went to the liquor store, then got a box of brew supplies. It's like this day has some kind of theme...

I received three extract kits from NB via their "Triple Play" sale.
I'll probably gift one or two of them and brew one (Dead Ringer).
My motivation was to be able to brew a batch quickly without the overhead of the mash.

Not giving-up on all-grain, just taking the opportunity for a shorter brew day.
This time of year tends to get pretty busy with getting the boat winterized and holiday preparations.

When I bought my Series-X kegerator, I just used the included EVABarrier and duotights and have never been happy with them...the CO2 lines all split off on tees from a single line in, the 4mm ID beer lines hang in coils and the whole lot can get very aggrivatingly in the way when trying to change kegs. I have a 4-way MFL manifold to use as a 'placeholder' for future secondary regulators when I can afford them, so I finally bought this:
1/4"ID EVABarrier to swag over 5/16" SS swivel-nuts, and 3mm EVABarrier to swag over 1/4" SS swivel-nuts on one end and 1/4" Monotight connectors for the other end to the shanks....and all to genuine CM Becker disconnects. ...hope it works.
IMG_1521.jpeg

IMG_2832.jpeg
IMG_2831.jpeg
Not in the mail, but… My wife’s old college roommate was in town for a quick stop today. So they met up for lunch. Her husband (a veteran, thank you for your service) opened a brewery a few years ago. He’s also a former firefighter. Thus the name of his brewery. She asked if I wanted any beer last night. Well this is what she brought down this morning!
I can’t wait to share them with the homebrew club next week!

Got a bunch of CIP-Film. This stuff is indispensable for sealing things up. Low melting point and washes off with hot water.

It's >$14 a tube on Amazon--when they have it in stock, which they haven't in some time. Went to Haynes' site and it's $4.50, but shipping was around $15, so I ordered 3 tubes and it works out to under $10 a tube.

Package arrived UPS a few days after I ordered.

1000016629.jpg

Back