5 gallon pressure barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfo

Reaction score
Hi all
Got my beer upstairs in the mixing bucket and now its time to put into the pressure barrel,now my ques is: do I put some sugar in the pressure barrel?? if so how much?
Also I have c02 gas to put onto my pressure barrel.
Also does anyone know what beer to buy that taste like budweisers ?
Many thanks :-@

Hi all
Got my beer upstairs in the mixing bucket and now its time to put into the pressure barrel,now my ques is: do I put some sugar in the pressure barrel?? if so how much?
Also I have c02 gas to put onto my pressure barrel.
Also does anyone know what beer to buy that taste like budweisers ?
Many thanks :-@

Helleva 1st post...

Welcome to HBT and brewing. :mug:

To answer your 1st question about the sugar and the keg. It depends on how much beer needs to get carbed as to how much sugar you add. by sugar I mean dextrose (corn sugar).

If you have a co2 tank you can force carb the beer and it will be ready to drink faster. set it to 15 psi and chill it for 1-2 weeks, it should be all set by then.

If "buy beer like budwieser" you are asking what kit/recipe to buy then I suggest looking into the "cream of 3 crops" in the recipe section. If you mean what store bought beer tastes like bud then my answer is bud because of the adjucts they use in it. No other commercial beer tastes quite like bud for this reason.

Lol agh cheers :mad:
Emm I have 40 pints to go in the barrel :)
So do I put corn sugar in there? Or none?
Sorry for sounding think,this is my 1st ever brew :)
My old man used to make loads when I was a kid :-@

NP on the brew. typically you will want to add 3/4 of dextrose into a small amount of water in a pan. Bring it to a boil so that it is disolved and then allow to cool. Next dump that into the keg and the rack the beer over to the keg with a siphon. close up the keg and make sure it is sealed. then wait 2+ weeks with the keg above 70F.

NP on the brew. typically you will want to add 3/4 of dextrose into a small amount of water in a pan. Bring it to a boil so that it is disolved and then allow to cool. Next dump that into the keg and the rack the beer over to the keg with a siphon. close up the keg and make sure it is sealed. then wait 2+ weeks with the keg above 70F.

3/4 cup dextrose

Back