What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Lazy Day, Sunday afternoon"....any takers on the song? The first record I ever remember hearing.

PXL_20230926_195459251.PORTRAIT.jpg

"Lazy Day, Sunday afternoon"....any takers on the song? The first record I ever remember hearing.

View attachment 830184
Not sure, but I can think of a few songs it could be. I’ll just name the bands that popped up in my head in case anyone else wants to guess.
The Kinks
Moody Blues
Small Faces

I have the whole "Core 7" MB albums--Days of Future Passed through Seventh Sojourn. Every one a winner. After that they were hit & miss. Didn't care much for the disco-ish Octave, but thought Long Distance Voyager was a great comeback.

If you like that era's sound, check out Lodge & Hayward's Blue Jays.

Ayinger has been brewing great Bavarian beers since 1878. For their 100-year Anniversary, they produced Jahrhundert Bier, or Hundred Year Beer, celebrating that anniversary. An interesting Dortmund-style lager (Dortmunder is a protected name for beers made in Dortmund,) Jahrhundert Bier is Golden-Blonde, full and malty, not quite as hoppy as a Pils, with a little yeast-induced spiciness. Funny thing is, Dortmunder (Dortmunder Export beers) were originally patterned after Czech Pilsner. What goes around, comes around!

Fizzier than usual, no lacing and 5.5% ABV, 500 ml dark glass. Dortmunder Exports were more suitable for shipping and transit, thus receiving the “Export” moniker, whether they were exporting them or not. Obviously as a Dortmund “style” beer, Ayinger has no problem exporting Jahrhundert Bier to Southern California! Dude, import brewskies!

This is a beer everyone should try. It’s good, but I’m still in love with Ayinger’s Pilsner. Feels like cheating on your girlfriend. She may be Blonde, spicy and bubbly for a weekend, but I’m taking good old faithful Pils home to meet Mom! Prost!

IMG_5348.jpeg

I have the whole "Core 7" MB albums--Days of Future Passed through Seventh Sojourn. Every one a winner. After that they were hit & miss. Didn't care much for the disco-ish Octave, but thought Long Distance Voyager was a great comeback.

I agree about Octave, the last MB album I bought, though I really love the song Driftwood.

I have Blue Jays cd but prefer Justin Hayward's View From the Hill. I also had Ray Thomas' LP Hopes, Wishes and Dreams, but I didn't really care for that one.

Saw them 3 times in 3 years not that long ago. They kept coming to a small theater near me that probably doesn’t have 3,000 seats so it was a great venue. I think every member of the band is 70 and they still put on a great show.

Back