What did u do for christmas break

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OleBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The wifey bought hard wood floor 4 yrs ago, and now it is finally in, one night we coudve murdererd each other but we made it.
Hickory is pretty.

Photo01031846.jpg

Looks great! We added hardwood throughout the house a few years ago, I'm surprised we are still married after that night.

Our house has hickory floors, love them. My holiday was unproductive, drank lots of awesome beer, sledded with the kids, caught up on reading. Well, I did shovel well over a foot of snow.

I did go shopping, doing a utopias clone, looking forward to that.

Wow, those floors look great! We are looking to doing the same in our house in the next few years. Currently we are designing two new bathrooms.

Didn't do much at all. Drank some great beer. Changed all of the door knobs and hinges in the house. Coached some basketball. Made a Chocolate Milk Stout. Coached some basketball. Drank some even better beer. Hung out with some friends and family.

Floor looks great!

Did my house in red oak floors a few years ago. Lots of work for sure.

What are you guys gonna do for trim?

Haven't desided intrim yet. The base trim might come out of an old country mansion as it is just weathering away. More work but the cost is right.

Ate drank & was merry. Met my #2 son's fiance & exchanged gifts. Just about finished off beer stash & I'm sure I gained a couple pounds. Time to slack off the food a bit. Going to brew up an ESB today while I wait for Kottbusser ingredients to come in. Wrote some more of the four books I have in the works as well.

Installing hardwood with the SWMBO is a nightmare. We managed to get through it a few years ago. That hickory looks really nice. It's a good hard wood too, so should resist dents pretty well.

This yeah I did very little during the holidays. Had a party and got blitzed, which hung me over for a couple days... haven't been that roughed up for years and years

I installed floors for a living for a few years. My knees are permanently funked up because of it. The most interesting one I ever did was tigerwood.

I worked throughout the majority of the holidays; on my days off, I designed a house for my friend who is looking to build.

Oddly enough, laying our floors down with the wife was actually quite enjoyable. She was a real trooper. We did the interlocking high end laminate. She'd lay the body runs and I'd do all the end cuts. While it took us well over a few months, we actually managed to lay the floor down in less than a week of actual work days. Which included carpet removal and slab prep.

Still have one more room to do tho'.

My holiday consisted of garage cleaning, video games, and lots of beer.

My #1 son & I were watching This Old House on Youtube yesterday, the Italianate house build. They used these long, narrow staples with a hammer gun to staple the wood planks in place. I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary, or a better thing to do? Finished the dampfbier over Christmas, darn near all the hefe, so brewing another ESB today. Time to fill the pipeline again...:ban:

There was no "Christmas break" for me, I worked. When not working I was mostly trying to sleep & get meals washed down with beer before bedtime. I'm not complaining, it's all part of the job; I'm just telling you what I did over the holidays.
Regards, GF.

I'll be moving soon, so most of Christmas break consisted of sorting things out/starting to gradually pack everything away. I couldn't even hold any parties because of the resulting eternal mess, good thing the friends agreed to hang out at their place without holding grudges. In-between I mostly reread whatever wasn't packed and binge-played mobile games. Lol, I have downloaded like five a day from here. On the plus side, some are definitely keepers and will come in handy for my new commuting routine.

Back