Where to get liquid yeast online? (2024+ edition)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdubdvdt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I love to support my LHBS, but it is tough sometimes with requiring special orders for certain beers.
I can't seem to get my hands on Que Bueno, WLP940, or OYL113 at any of the home brew shops near me in Florida. Most of them said 4-6 weeks to get an order in summer (we live in Florida, I get it). Florida in May already has 95-98F days so its basically summer.

1) Am I SOL for brewing a Mexican Lager until Fall? I want a liquid yeast, not a dry yeast.
2) Who in 2024+ can I order online that will ship fast to Florida? I can be home for the delivery if needed, but I am worried 2-3 days shipping the yeast won't make it.
3) Anyone notice any differences between the strains? I searched and not many people have perceivable differences - probably because it is such a clean lager yeast.

Thanks

I can't speak personally of most mail order home brew suppliers but can't they add some ice packs to an order of liquid yeast.

Rite Brew is down the road from me but I hear their shipping is fast and they do include ice packs. If it's not a stock item ask Neil (the owner) and he might be able to get it.

https://www.ritebrew.com/category-s/1834.htm

I second ordering directly from White Labs...they do two day air mail shipping in an insulated cooler. So shipping can be pricey, but if you order several strains to have on hand, it's worth it. Besides White Labs, I would stick to dry yeast in the summer months with Florida heat. Most out of state online stores, that ice pack will be melted long before it gets to you. Dry yeast is not as bad as it used to be years ago and works just as well as liquid, well besides a lag time sometimes.

I wanted to go through RiteBrew, but they have a shipping map that shows 4 days in transit from them to Florida.

Ordered a few liquid yeasts directly from White Labs (yeastman). With overnight shipping you really can't beat it. They have some great limited release strains I am pretty interested in. When did they start selling direct to consumer? I never really looked into it before with my local shop having such a large selection before. Times sure have changed.

Will update when they arrive on Thursday. It was $25 for shipping overnight from San Diego.

Thanks again!

The yeast left California at 5:24PM last night. It was delivered to my house in Florida at 9:41AM. Yeast was still cold. Ice pack still frozen.

Thank you for the suggestion. This is far superior to ordering anywhere else online.
So you're brewing my now then?

Good deal with overnighting the yeast!

I wanted to go through RiteBrew, but they have a shipping map that shows 4 days in transit from them to Florida.

Ordered a few liquid yeasts directly from White Labs (yeastman). With overnight shipping you really can't beat it. They have some great limited release strains I am pretty interested in. When did they start selling direct to consumer? I never really looked into it before with my local shop having such a large selection before. Times sure have changed.

Will update when they arrive on Thursday. It was $25 for shipping overnight from San Diego.

Thanks again!
They have been selling directly to consumer for a while. There was a period of time you had to have a "pro" account (I guess originally intended for pro brewers) but they sold the home brewer packs for home brewers. Glad you got it!

Back