Brewing this now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King of Cascade

Reaction score
Brew'in a American Amber this afternoon. What do you think of the recipe?

15.5 - Marris Otter
6 - Munich
.75lb - 120 crystal
.50lb - 40 crystal
.50lb - kiln amber
.50lb - honey
.50lb - Pale Chocolate

.50oz - Magnum - 13%AA - 60min
2.50oz - Amarillo - 9.6%AA - 20min
2.50oz - Centennial - 10.50AA - 10min
2.50oz - Cascade - 6.9%AA - 5min
1.5oz - Centennial - 10.50%AA - 1min
!oz - Cascade - 6.9%AA - Dry

Wyeast - Denny's Favorite

Do you have an IBU estimate? That seems awfully high for an amber ale, even an 11 gallon batch. It does look delicious, though (I love hoppy beers).

Do you have an IBU estimate? That seems awfully high for an amber ale, even an 11 gallon batch. It does look delicious, though (I love hoppy beers).

The estimated IBU's are 48.5

I put all the hops at the end of the boil with the exception of the .5 magnum at the beginning. I like the hop flavor I get doing it this way.

Hopbursting is a great way to get the full flavor from your hops. Very smooth bitterness. Dont know about your grain bill, but the hops look good!

Only problem with hop bursting is kinda goes away pretty quick, but if you bring the keg to the picnic that wont be a problem!

What’s wrong with the grain bill???????

How the hell did you know I’m going the picnic are you a sodz guy?????????????

How the hell did you know who I was? I created this account so I could ask stupid questions and be anonymous.

Ha! Then watch bragging about your beer at Barleys! Man, that was some good shizat. Anyone near Columbus, get a growler of the E-IPA2.

Nothing wrong with the grain bill, I was confessing my ignorance of the taste of specific malts. Calm dawn your highness

Nothing wrong with the grain bill, I was confessing my ignorance of the taste of specific malts. Calm dawn your highness

The grain bill is proven but the hops have changed due to the, you know the, "hop shortage". I don't think it will be ready for the picnic but I do have a few hefeweizens that will be ready.

I’ll invite you over when the amber is finished so I could enlighten you with my malt bill. LOL

btw - :off: (first time using one of those stupid things)

:off:

I visited my brother a few months back and went to Barleys smoke house...................those sauerkraut balls and smoked sausages you get with the sampler appitizer were freaking great!!!!!!!!

loved the food. i had two beers one was a casked cherry stout if memory serves me right. This is going to sound stupid but all i really remember about the beer was it was casked and very very good.:drunk:

Only problem with hop bursting is kinda goes away pretty quick, but if you bring the keg to the picnic that wont be a problem!

Brought it to the picnic but you were a no show. What happened to you at the state fair…saw you in the morning then you disappeared.

Latest posts

Back