12 Beers of Christmas - 2023 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My packages went out yesterday. Longest wait is the east coast, but it looks like everyone should get them this week.

I've received the Abbey Weizen, Cherry Dubbel, Juniper Rye Bock, Weizenbock, and the Bourbon Stout. So far what I have learned from this experience is that I really need to up my presentation game. Your all's beer look great! Many thanks to @tdf and @mjdonnelly68 bonus beers! And @mjdonnelly68, thank you for the Christmas card!

Really looking forward to trying all of your beers!

My packages went out yesterday. Longest wait is the east coast, but it looks like everyone should get them this week.

I've received the Abbey Weizen, Cherry Dubbel, Juniper Rye Bock, Weizenbock, and the Bourbon Stout. So far what I have learned from this experience is that I really need to up my presentation game. Your all's beer look great! Many thanks to @tdf and @mjdonnelly68 bonus beers! And @mjdonnelly68, thank you for the Christmas card!

My pleasure - it's been a fun distraction and we have haven't even gotten to the good part yet!

Your beers arrived safe and sound today @Rish. Thanks for the nice note and the bonus can. Haven't had a lot of beers from Alabama (and I love me a Porter). Cheers!

IMG_8241.jpeg

I got the Honey Ginger IPA today, nice looking bottles and perfect condition. Thanks!

I had a Ginger Big Eye IPA at Ballast Point Homebrew Mart last week which made me really excited to try yours!

My beers are all packed and labeled, and will be dropped at the UPS store in the morning.

Y’all should receive Friday / Saturday.

I mentioned in an earlier post I brewed the beer for my sons wedding in October - I had a few left over so including one in each box as a bonus beer.

I hope you all enjoy them.

I’m excited to line them up and start trying them. I did the gingerbread ale last year and my son keeps asking for it again - I guess I’ll let him try it. 😂

Cheers all!

The plastic thingys are cool - where did you get them? Also how long will they stay inflated?

I picked them up off Amazon: 32 Pcs Wine Bottle Travel Protector Bags, Monkkino Inflatable Bubble Cushion Wrap, Safety Choice for Glass Bottles in Transport with Luggage, Air Filled Packaging Sleeves with Reusable Pump.

They are made for shipping wine bottles so the size was a little off, but worked pretty well with some added packing material. They have one-way valves that keep the individual channels inflated, so I suspect it will stay inflated for quite some time.

I found them when I was looking for packing material similar to what @Beekeeper sent -- I thought the individual cardboard holders worked great. I just couldn't find a way to get those locally without buying wholesale and paying the associated shipping rates.

I picked them up off Amazon: 32 Pcs Wine Bottle Travel Protector Bags, Monkkino Inflatable Bubble Cushion Wrap, Safety Choice for Glass Bottles in Transport with Luggage, Air Filled Packaging Sleeves with Reusable Pump.

They are made for shipping wine bottles so the size was a little off, but worked pretty well with some added packing material. They have one-way valves that keep the individual channels inflated, so I suspect it will stay inflated for quite some time.

I found them when I was looking for packing material similar to what @Beekeeper sent -- I thought the individual cardboard holders worked great. I just couldn't find a way to get those locally without buying wholesale and paying the associated shipping rates.
I see cheaper ones on Amazon if you buy a larger quantity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CC53XBH1/

I've been using those Spirited Shipper boxes for years. They are dumb expensive for cardboard (imagine how much cardboard you just throw away weekly from amazon... why is SS cardboard so pricey?). They are a little cheaper if you buy them on amazon instead of direct from SS.

I took a good look at those inflatables you used. I might just switch to those. The first year I used those SS boxes, a couple of the recipients reported broken bottles inside.

I've been using those Spirited Shipper boxes for years. They are dumb expensive for cardboard (imagine how much cardboard you just throw away weekly from amazon... why is SS cardboard so pricey?). They are a little cheaper if you buy them on amazon instead of direct from SS.

I took a good look at those inflatables you used. I might just switch to those. The first year I used those SS boxes, a couple of the recipients reported broken bottles inside.

Yeah, the SS boxes worked great for me. The issue for me is that I was only going to buy enough to ship 30 bottles so the shipping was as much as the product!

What was nice about SS is that they came with both the holders and the outer box, so you truly have everything you need. As you all saw, I had to use some extra packing materials to take up the excess space around the inflatables and pad the bottles.

I decided to open a Julebukk tonight. It's a beautiful beer and I am thoroughly enjoying it! Nice and malty, with some light juniper + noble hops flavor to back it up. There's a hint of alcohol, especially as it warms but it is a 7.3%er, after all.

Thanks! @shetc
1702101668864.png

Yeah, the SS boxes worked great for me. The issue for me is that I was only going to buy enough to ship 30 bottles so the shipping was as much as the product!

What was nice about SS is that they came with both the holders and the outer box, so you truly have everything you need. As you all saw, I had to use some extra packing materials to take up the excess space around the inflatables and pad the bottles.
I found outer boxes the same size as SS a couple of years ago from Staples or similar. Could be a companion to air things.

Glad they’ve started to arrive - I wasn’t expecting them to make it until early next week. The label was created using the bing ai image generator I assumed it was Dutch, but since I don’t speak Dutch it may just be gibberish, but it looked neat.

The bonus beers are ones that I brewed for my sons wedding - I happened to have 10 of them left so I tossed one in to each box.

I hope everyone enjoys both the caramel quad, and the bonus beer.

Glad they’ve started to arrive - I wasn’t expecting them to make it until early next week. The label was created using the bing ai image generator I assumed it was Dutch, but since I don’t speak Dutch it may just be gibberish, but it looked neat.

The bonus beers are ones that I brewed for my sons wedding - I happened to have 10 of them left so I tossed one in to each box.

I hope everyone enjoys both the caramel quad, and the bonus beer.
I used Bing for my labels, too

I'm a little late posting, but yesterday, the Crabapple Lambicky Ale went out FedEx. If you want your tracking number, just DM me. Supposedly it'll be a week max for them's as on the East Coast.

I included a pint of Barrel-Aged Blackberry Cider, hope you like it.

EDIT: the 4 boys beers arrived, great label!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back