2007- Huge shakeup with the TDF!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
Last year we had Basso and Ulrich drop out of the tour.

This year we see Vinokourov test positive for a transfusion. Now the whole Astana team has withdrawn from the tour. Poor Klöden & Kashechkin. At least they had a chance before the man in black tested positive. :mad:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/tour07/news/?id=/news/2007/jul07/jul25news

If Rasmussen doesn't run away with it, either Evans or Leipheimer could have a chance at the podium.

Now Rasmussen is kicked out of the tour. I'm pulling for the Aussie for Cadel Evans now. Gotta love a former mtn bike racer beating the pants off those euro-snobs.

I'd prefer the euro-snobs keep their pants on.

I didn't know people in this country actually watched the Tour. Huh. Learn something new every day.

It's a bummer seeing what's going on in the sport. Especially since it always seems to come up during the TDF, and when the most people are watching it.

Still a great sport, and a decidedly unpopular one in the US, but it sure beats Nextel Cup (or NASCAR or whatever it's called).

I mean, the race itself isn't a joke. It's an amazing feat of strength, endurance, and determination if done clean and fair. It's the doping crap that ruins it and its image.

Chris_K said:
I mean, the race itself isn't a joke. It's an amazing feat of strength, endurance, and determination if done clean and fair. It's the doping crap that ruins it and its image.

Exactly. That's what I was getting at. I don't think that the majority of people living on the earth today could even complete the course.

johnsma22 said:
Exactly. That's what I was getting at. I don't think that the majority of people living on the earth today could even complete the course.

someday when I am rich, I am going to train for a couple months and go ride the entire course, just much slower than the pros.

Latest posts

Back