7.62x54R....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirsloop

Reaction score
TAP HANDLESS!!!

189188_1665465715355_1198646378_31441897_8101560_n.jpg

:p:p

very nice. i love guns, and i never thought of that. i have an 03a3 30/06, and maybe i need to clean it and fire off a few rounds, and get the bonus of tap handles from it

I needed low profile to fit on the bottom of my top/bottom fridge door... otherwise I would have tapped and put a spare REMY 870 BUTTSTOCK on there! HAHAH! Maybe have one tap the buttstock and the other one a 18" barrel! HA!

I was just giving you a hard time! I have said it before but I think this is the use I am finally going to have for all my buckets of spent 50bmg.

I hope you cleaned them well to remove the corrosive salts.
I'm assuming you shoot surplus ammo rather than new manufacture like most every other mosin owner on the planet.

The thread title certainly had me curious to see where this was going!

I've got some A-10 30mm casings that would make BIG handles.

They would be easy to grip after you've had a few.

:drunk:

Hey - somebody finally found a use for all those copper washed Boxer-primed surplus casings. :mug:

Before clicking I was picturing a mosin attached to the tap handle..... and was going to go grab one of mine and try it :)

I've got plenty of 50 cal casings :) Think I'll have to do that when I build my keezer.

Yeah every step of reloading 50 bmg is a PITA. I reload for everything else I own so I dont feel too guilty. There for a while I was buying in bulk from a company that would take the spent casings in trade. Tap handles theyll be. I just buy bulk when needed now. Though I havnt shot the 50 in quite some time.

I have some spent 50 cal BMG brass that I plan on turning into tap handles, when I build my keezer... I'm also thinking about getting the 20mm 'dummy' round to use as another handle... There's a site that has 50 cal BMG dummies for sale, so you can have them with heads to use. So a few empty shells, with them pointed down, and a couple with heads, so you can tap where the primer would go and use them there.

Once I have my keezer built, I might go to some gun stores to see if they have any barrels that are not going to be used, or can be rendered useless, so that I can also use those for tap handles.. Maybe get some with comps on them... Or the larger compensators mounted on short pipe, so that you can actually use them as tap handles... I think one of the monster 50 cal BMG comps would look sick as a tap handle. :rockin: Probably not the cheapest way to go, but high cool factor there. :D

Yeah every step of reloading 50 bmg is a PITA. I reload for everything else I own so I dont feel too guilty. There for a while I was buying in bulk from a company that would take the spent casings in trade. Tap handles theyll be. I just buy bulk when needed now. Though I havnt shot the 50 in quite some time.

I don't own a 50 cal... I just work with one, so I have no idea about re-using rounds. The wife would kill me if I spent that much money to buy a gun.

wish I would have kept a couple of the 1000's of 30mm I fired over the years. Of course a metal detector and a trip to Kuwait, I'm sure I could find some

wish I would have kept a couple of the 1000's of 30mm I fired over the years. Of course a metal detector and a trip to Kuwait, I'm sure I could find some

Some A-10 pilots were selling casings to raise money for a charity, so I bought a few.

Some A-10 pilots were selling casings to raise money for a charity, so I bought a few.

Would love to have a few of those, depending on how much they were selling them for...

sirsloop said:
And the DU gives your beer that nice greenish glow!!

Since they're just the shells, I wouldn't imagine that there's any trace DU left there. If there is, no more than you get from everything else around you. Just don't suck on them, or use them as a pleasure toy... :eek:

Back