A couple of options... Need some advice. Pictures included!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Washington_Brewologist

THE PNW BIAB BrewOlogist
Reaction score
I want to start by saying that I'm in the process of getting a fridge big enough so that I can get on board with this whole temperature controlled fermentation thing. My last 4 or 5 beers have been good, but I feel like the subtle off flavors that I pick up can only be due to my: Set it in the garage and hope for the best method. The beer I'm brewing tomorrow will be my 10th batch and I'd like to take a stab at using my kegerator as a fermentation chamber. Here is what I'm currently working with:
IMG_20180714_200020.jpg

And Inside, I have my Irish Red that has been cold crashing for 50+ hours and the yeast starter for my batch #10.

IMG_20180714_200032.jpg

I can stick the probe through the hole that the CO2 line is coming through... If I do this should I try to fill the gap where the probe comes through?
IMG_20180714_200038.jpg

My question:
Do you think it's even worth attempting this? My idea was to wrap batch # 10 in with the heat wrap jacket I have and plug both the jacket and the fridge into my Ink-bird temp controller. Then keg this Irish Red, Hit it with like 30 psi, purge it a few times and stick it in the corner for a few weeks. (If something in my logic sounds off please let me know!)

The other option is I just brew this beer like I have the rest and just wait until I get a larger fridge to put my foot in this door...

Here is the recipe for tomorrows brew day!

IMG_20180714_124717.jpg

Last edited:
Back