A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah serves them right. Where is that, its beautiful. I played overland in denver today its not pretty. Played good too

Have the day off tomorrow, so having a bourbon to complete a late night bottling session. 5 gal of a Mosaic pale all tucked away for a few weeks.

Where you at, Gav? Looks nice!

I got to get that freaking Dunkel out of the fermenter. Really need another corny still. Thought I was going to leave it just a couple weeks I think I'm going on three or four

Friends, I have some very sad news to pass on to you. Our good friend TobyG lost his beloved wife Sheila yesterday suddenly and unexpectedly.

Due to the suddenness, Toby has a gofundme page to help with Sheila's memorial service expenses.

https://www.gofundme.com/ugf79z6s

Please consider helping to offset these unexpected expenses.

My heart just breaks for Toby and his daughter. Toby is one of the "good guys" and he is a friend of mine in real life as well as here on the forum.

Please remember him in your thoughts and prayers, even if you can't help financially. He would appreciate that, I'm sure.

Friends, I have some very sad news to pass on to you. Our good friend TobyG lost his beloved wife Sheila yesterday suddenly and unexpectedly.

Due to the suddenness, Toby has a gofundme page to help with Sheila's memorial service expenses.

My heart just breaks for Toby and his daughter. Toby is one of the "good guys" and he is a friend of mine in real life as well as here on the forum.

Please remember him in your thoughts and prayers, even if you can't help financially. He would appreciate that, I'm sure.

Thanks for posted this Yooper. Anything will help him.

I dont know Toby very well, but every interaction i have ever had with him, he has been kind and thoughtful. I am so sorry to hear. I wish Toby and their family all of the love, peace, comfort and support in our families hearts.

Thanks for sharing the link. Keeping him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

That HB saison sounds tasty!

I keep going through the good scotch too quickly, so just picked up a giant bottle of JW Black label. Although, not sure this helps my case much... I seem to go through the cheap or the nicer stuff equally fast. 🙃. Hi, I'm Bob...

Bottled a mosaic pale on Sunday, so in the waiting game for some HB. Bottling a stout this weekend.

So racked and carbed that dunkel 20 minutes ago and am drinking it warm. It tastes like an oak aged RIS.

So racked and carbed that dunkel 20 minutes ago and am drinking it warm. It tastes like an oak aged RIS.

Impressive. That due to longer fermentation time? I don't lager.

After replacing ignition coil, distribution cap, rotor, wires, ignition switch...still no spark to plugs. I'm measuring 9-12V to it though. Learning everything I never wanted to know about a 93 Jeep ignition system. With coffee...got to get boxes to ship beer today also, more exciting!

View attachment 1472130835355.jpg

Man those ignition problems can be brutal. I chased my Camry through every Avenue back to the ignition switch. Turns out just jiggling one wire in there was the problem. Car won't start based on the emergency brake wire.
Nah I was just BSing. You know my whole thing is what you put in the kettle is what comes out. You cant put in 10 pounds of 2row, half a pound of carafa 3, quarter pound of uk crystal 77, and one ounce of cascade hops and get an ipa. That being said it is really good. Really really clean and good. Very drinkable my wife loved it. No off flavors from fermenting warm with lager yeast. And for $16 or $0.30 a beer I can see myself keeping this around as a standard. Really was surprised at how good it was for its simplicity. Kind of a nice everyday session beer.

Hey gang I hope all is well. Haven't been around much, life is busy with the family and house projects and work. Hoping to brew over Labor Day weekend. Cheers.

wg_gw_magickettle.jpg

I hate it when that happens.

Back