A good problem to have

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
So, I haven't brewed since mid September and was planning to brew this Sat (a Brown ale - first AG brown). But, my wife took some of my etched glasses by a friend's Kitchen Supply store this morning to see if she might want to carry them as merchandise (for those who don't know, I etch glassware on the side). My wife left the store with an order for 24 sets of glasses (a set is 4 - so 96 glasses!!)!! I couldn't believe it. My operation is small potatoes and that is a huge amount for me. And, the store owner said that she wanted that many by this Sunday 2:00PM. In addition, she said that this was how many she wanted now, implying that there will almost definitely by more orders shortly!!

Man, I'm psyched and nervous. This could turn into more than gifts for family and homebrew glasses for you guys. Needless to say, I may not get to brew on Sat. But, like I said, that's a good problem to have. :mug::mug:

Ian, that's awesome.

You know, here's a thought; if your t-shirt design doesn't win, wouldn't that be perfect for a pint glass? I'd buy a couple. Seems like the simplicity of it would make it ideal.

Why on earth should HBT have t-shirts but not pint glasses? What sense does THAT make?

I haven't put my logo to paper yet, but when I do, I'm gonna want some glasses! You do nice work from what I've seen. So, put that on your schedule for sometime in the next decade - lol!

Congrats! I hope your big sale doesn't turn something you love into work

the_bird said:
Ian, that's awesome.

You know, here's a thought; if your t-shirt design doesn't win, wouldn't that be perfect for a pint glass? I'd buy a couple. Seems like the simplicity of it would make it ideal.

Why on earth should HBT have t-shirts but not pint glasses? What sense does THAT make?

Ditto, great idea bird.

Congrats Ian on your order, that really is a good problem to have. :mug:

thanks guys! I appreciate the support!
I've talked with TxBrew about glasses for the forum. Let's just say it may be something offered soon. And about the turning it into work. That's not a problem for me, the fact that it helps with the groceries every now and then outweighs any downside!

2nd Street Brewery said:
congratulations Ian. I know you do good work. What kind of images did they want you to put on them?

Thanks Dave, this is a local shop and in South Carolina everone is crazy for the state flag (The Palmetto and Crescent Moon). You can get it on anything. So when I started doing these glasses that's what my main design was - the Palmetto and moon. And these will be the same.

It really is a good, simple, bold "logo" type of a state emblem. See it Here

Being a South Carolina native, I have Palmetto stuff all over my house. . . ;)

How do you etch at home? I would assume you wax the glass then remove the wax in the area to be etched. What acid do you use and how did you learn to do it? Tell us more.!!

Back