AG Recipe for Daughter's Wedding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilson16

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

My daughter asked me to brew a beer for her wedding. The intent is to put the beer in 375ml Belgian Bottles with caged corks and colored shrink wrap sleeves. The bottles would be color coded for table assignments and have each attendee's name on a tag.

I am a fairly experienced AG brewer with a Kal Electric Brewery, but I don't make a lot of beers with "general" appeal.

I need a highly reliable recipe with general appeal for most attendees...still needs to have a little character.

Lil Help?
Thanks!

A cream ale would fit the bill. Perhaps a basic lager. Biermuncher's "Cream of Three Crops" is generally a crowd pleaser.

FYI: Make sure your venue will allow you to have your own beer. I wanted to brew beer for my daughter's wedding reception last year, and the venue absolutely would not allow it. We had a beer/wine bar arrangement, open bar for those items, pay for other drinks. You'd have thought they'd have been happy to have free beer, but no.

We had a suite just off the ballroom floor where we greeted family and close friends, and given that it was a private room, there was no problem having beer there. And as it turns out, some of that *did* make its way into the ballroom, in opaque cups. :)

Just be sure before you invest a lot of time/money/emotion in the enterprise.

Good point (venue). There is also a good cream ale recipe in HomeBrew All-Stars that I have been eyeballing.

Belgian wit. Everyone likes blue moon. It's a nice day for a wit wedding. That or prison hooch, to commemorate the sanctity of marriage.

Latest posts

Back