• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South Carolina AiH Psycho Chiller CFC, For Sale, Used Once, 200$ shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjpeisher

Reaction score
I have a Psycho Chiller from Adventures in Homebrewing. I used it the first time, it had a hairline crack in the fitting, sent it back, they replaced. A friend used it and said he had no problems, but liked his immersion better (south carolina doesn't have good ground water temps). But in the mean time, I changed my setup to use my herms coil in the HLT to cool things down. Works fine, so selling it to recoup some money.

Braided tubing with hose fittings included (2 hoses, one water out to drain, the other is hose to hose to connect to either your tap faucet or a garden hose.

200$ shipped to CONUS, OBO

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s79/mjpeisher/20150825_112029_zps04omcdrn.jpg

http://www.homebrewing.org/Psycho-Chiller-Counter-Flow-Wort-Chiller_p_3340.html

Your photo bucket links to greenlee punches. But my question is how does this connect to the wort side? I see garden hose fittings, I just can't tell how exactly it is expected to be connected.

Also, you returned it due to the fitting leaking, when did you buy it? Would the warranty convey? Reviews suggest the leaking fitting is a common issue.

Link should be corrected now, if someone would validate.

I purchases it on 2/15/2015, but my brew stand wasn't ready yet, I used it in early June, and sent it back to them, they shipped a replacement back to me on 6/16/2015.

I had already changed my setup by then to use my HLT, so I had a friend use it on his setup. He had good performance, but didn't have the garden hose washers (orange disks that sit inside the female connector, said is required via chat with AiH, but I didn't know that), so it still had a leak around the thread. Those are from home depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DANCO-5-8-in-Hose-Washers-10-Pack-80787/100544488

As for warranty, I contacted AiH and they said that they would honor the original warranty (90 days) which has passed. They did say they would be willing to review the product specifically if it had damage caused by normal operation, but that would be routed through me, the original purchaser, and might require money for repairs.

As for your other question, the wort side has 1/2" MPT fittings (Male NPT threads). I had stainless quick disconnects in there, but I am not willing to sell those, as I am using them. All I am offering is the hosing for the water side, and the chiller itself.

The only thing I could do would be willing to refund your money (minus shipping) if you had insurmountable leaks and you send it back to me. So this would require good teflon tape on the wort side with a 1/2" male NPT threaded fittings, and the water side would need to garden hose washers.

Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks. I'll sit on this a bit. I would have to wait for pay day anyway.

Back