Another Future Kegger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Art by David Shrigley
Reaction score
My wife HATES the bottles that are invariably always lying around all the time. The other day I off handedly say, "it would cost like a thousand dollars to start kegging." She didn't seem too shocked. It turns out it is totally worth it to her to pay $1000 dollars (really $700 at current exchange rates) to get rid of the bottles.:mug: Woohooo!

I've got a shopping list already. It seems the 100L chest freezer is on sale right now... looks like it'll fit 4 kegs nicely.
Northern Brewer has some nice stuff. Thinking I'll get the kegs from More Beer and 90% of the rest from NB (those Shirron faucets are calling my name, can't decide if I want the 2-tone or not).

Is there a better place to get rebuilt kegs?

Edit: I know that if I look in a couple other threads I will se plenty of recommended used keg places.

In my opinion just get some rebuilt kegs from B3 or Northern Brewer and not worry about the "deals". Advise I will definitely take next time.

I bought used corny's from Brewersdiscount.com. There were 16 a piece and I could tell then had been cleaned. They also offer a set of replacement gaskets for 2-3. I was impressed with them and cheapest deal I've found.
No affliation with brewersdiscount, yada, yada....

Joe Dragon said:
Not that SWMBO ever bothers me about drinking but it looks better and I don’t feel guilty about Her cleaning and lugging those bottles around.

You got your SWMBO to clean your bottles for you and put them all away? She's a keeper! ;)

PenPen said:
I bought used corny's from Brewersdiscount.com. There were 16 a piece and I could tell then had been cleaned. They also offer a set of replacement gaskets for 2-3. I was impressed with them and cheapest deal I've found.
No affliation with brewersdiscount, yada, yada....

I ordered some... 4 kegs from them last night.
I'm getting the chest freezer here and CO2 stuff, but the kegging supplies are insanely marked up. (prices are roughly converted from yen) $1.50/ foot hose, $8 tube of keg lube, $50 generic chrome faucet... this is how I am able to rationalize the 2-tone Shirron faucets, it's the same price after shipping for Much better stuff.

I just hope I got everything I need ('cause I got a lot of stuff)

Next up... training her how to one step the beer bottles and load them upside down into a cardboard beer case ;)

Latest posts

Back