Another infection thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoChef

Reaction score
Man, went to go check on a Belgian I brewed up tonight and found this:

IMG_1247.JPG

I'm totally going to dump this.

Just kidding...:) That's my Brett Lambicus pellicle that's gettin' nice and nasty. :D

PseudoChef said:
Just kidding...:) That's my Brett Lambicus pellicle that's gettin' nice and nasty. :D

That's funny! You got me, I was about to post and tell you that looked a lot like Brett!

That doesn't look quite right though????:(

Two can play at that game. ;) :D
I'd ask for details, but I checked you blog. Sounds interesting, care to share any more about it?

Basis was I did what kind of amounts to a dubbel (I'd have to look up my exact recipe), split the batch, fermented with WLP500, then pitched onto a vial of Brett L. , no oxygen, no starter, at 1.012 for half of the dubbel.

That was back in February (2nd week?). I started noticing funk about 2 weeks after pitching, but in the last week here, it has really picked up. I couldn't help but take off the airlock and sniff and it's pure deliciousness. There's definitely a strong olfactory tang of acetic there.

Once the pellicle drops, I was planning on adding some oak for the sole purpose of recapturing the Brett.

Looks like space aliens are attacking the beer. I'll just stick to ale yeast thank you.

Man, thats crazy you posted this bc I just bottled a hefe last weekend that looked exactly like that! White 'film' with hard bubbles that don't pop....

I'm pretty sure my hefe's a gonner but congrats on you're belgian....lookin good and nasty! :D

Back