Anyone have a cooler wife?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin8425

Reaction score
So, my birthday is in like 3 weeks and my wife went all out for me. She TOLD me that I needed to stop being such a wussy and upgrade to AG from partial. She then bought me all of the necessary equipment. Well, I bought it, but she gave me the OK.
Then, the next night she comes home with a brand new kegerator and insists that I upgrade to kegging.
I tell her that I need at least 4 cornies and all of the lines and connectors and she says "Go for it".
Am I lucky or what?

I thought mine was pretty cool when she caught me browsing through grain mills online last month and her first reaction was, "I was wondering when you were going to get one of those...." Needless to say I had a mill within the week:D

My wife also got me my first brewing kit....for Valentine's Day. And that was one of the best presents ever. Yesterday, she comes home with the 50" Panasonic Plasma I had been drooling over during the weekend. She walks in the door and says that she got me something for football season, I just have to carry it in from the truck. I don't know how she puts up with me in the first place. And STILL she buys me cool gifts. :mug:

Kegerator - Father's Day
Barley Crusher - Christmas
14.5 gallon Conical - Birthday
Bosch Table saw to help build brewhaus - Father's day.

Mine can cook, install a ceiling fan, is a great mother, and loves my beer..

I am a lucky man!

Dude, check your credit card statements! She bought something for herself and now she's feeling guilty! :D

Seriously though, she does sound awesome! Mine's pretty awesome too, she helped me find a fridge for the kegerator, listens to brewing podcasts with me and after hearing one about temperature control, told me I needed to do something about controlling my fermentation temperatures.

Oh, and +1 on the pictures! :mug:

Kegerator - Father's Day

I am a lucky man!

you're just showing off now Ed.

Man, I gotta get a wife! All HWMO does is drink the beer and suggest what to make next. I need to find one of these grain mill/kegerator/brew house-giving women and start batting for the other team!

Man, I gotta get a wife! All HWMO does is drink the beer and suggest what to make next. I need to find one of these grain mill/kegerator/brew house-giving women and start batting for the other team!

They'd all be in trouble if the female brewers got together...

We could sell tickets!

Dude, check your credit card statements! She bought something for herself and now she's feeling guilty! :D

Seriously though, she does sound awesome! Mine's pretty awesome too, she helped me find a fridge for the kegerator, listens to brewing podcasts with me and after hearing one about temperature control, told me I needed to do something about controlling my fermentation temperatures.

Oh, and +1 on the pictures! :mug:

Mine puts up with me and my brewing, that is enough...
though she did "get" me a keg for my birthday for converting to a brew kettle.
between that, and some birthday money from my parents, I am just about ready for my conversion to AG

As to why I quoted the above, she does not listen to the brewcasts with me, she is usually in another room reading, and yet, when I started listening to one recently, she yells from the other room "You have already listened to that one", which I already knew, but I was very surprised to see that she does pay at least some attention to them as they are playing...

My SWMBO is very good. Told me if I replaced the stairs to the front door of the house I could get a kegging setup.

2 days later I hired the contractor put my order in to kegconnection. She never did tell me I had to do the work. :ban:

Kegerator - Father's Day

I am a lucky man!

I like how you are overlooking the fact that you are allowed to HAVE A BREWHAUS!

Kegerator - Father's Day

I am a lucky man!

Mine can barely cook, and the kitchen looks like a BOMB went off in it when she tries.

She doesn't know the difference beyween ahammer and a screwdriver.

She doesn't like my beer or my Apfelwien.

However, she DOES let me play with my beer stuff prretty much as much as I like.

AND she makes over $130K per year.

So.... Ed still wins, but I aint' complainin.:rockin:

The best part of this thread is that EdWort responded. Kind of like meeting a rockstar.

Man, you dumb MF'r...she's henpecking you to death...can't you see it??? :D :rockin:

Still boobs pics would be nice...;)

Next thing you know she'll be bitching you out saying, "When the F--- are you gonna make me more beer......The IPA keg is floatin'
again"

Where is da boobs???

I am working on the boobs thing. She is a 34DD (surgically enhanced) and they are sweet! Like two puppies fighting under a blanket....:drunk:

mmm blanketpuppies.... I prefer the term 'sweaterkittens' myself. My SWMBO is always on my ass about when I'm getting my next batches done and scouting keg deals for me. Gah what a b she is.

Dear Abbey,

I have a struggle sometimes to get any brewing stuff from my wife. I don't understand it. I always keep her self esteem rock bottom at all times, keep her tied to the kitchen sink, beat her regularly.....I just don't know what else I can do with her, and I need the gear to go AG!! :(

Dear Abbey,

I have a struggle sometimes to get any brewing stuff from my wife. I don't understand it. I always keep her self esteem rock bottom at all times, keep her tied to the kitchen sink, beat her regularly.....I just don't know what else I can do with her, and I need the gear to go AG!! :(

Dear OhioBrit:

You obviously have not correctly emphasised the importance of the "Brewing Stuff" to your wife. Perhaps if she made you a nice dinner, set out your slippers and served you a nice single malt (1 ice cube) you could take time from your busy day to express your need for said "Brewing Stuff". She'll come around in time!

Abbey

Aside from being beautiful, fun, in shape (currently training for a mini-triathlon), great personality, loves the homebrew, helped build the brewery, likes firearms, and, since I decided to take a sabbatical from the corporate rat race, she is also supporting us with a very nice income. Probably should mention that she can cook too. :)

Back