Anyone scrutinize beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyRN

Reaction score
I will be doing my first all grain batch this weekend, which got me thinking. I would really like some feedback on my beer. When it's ready, is there anyone here with a lot of experience judging that would like to try it and give me feedback? I'm making the NewCastle clone from Biermuncher.(My BIL is getting married in a few months and he really likes Newcastle)

I'm not sure where you live, but google home brew clubs in your area and join one. That's the best place to get immediate feedback on your beer, and a great way to learn your craft.

And, asking people on this site to sample your beer is the best way to not have any beer left...

And, asking people on this site to sample your beer is the best way to not have any beer left...

Of course we will gladly drink your beer for you :mug:

But seriously, a local homebrew club or competitions are a good place to get honest feedback from people who know what the beer style is supposed to taste like. I have only been brewing a little over a year and I will be submitting a Kolsch I made to a local homebrew competition for the first time this month. I am excited to get some feedback since I haven't had a lot of commercial or homebrewed Kolsches to compare mine to.

When sharing beer with friends and family, they usually avoid giving any negative feedback.

Send me a sixer, I'll let you know if it's good or not, I've been judging people my whole life. :D

I'm not sure where you live, but google home brew clubs in your area and join one. That's the best place to get immediate feedback on your beer, and a great way to learn your craft.

I contacted a club several weeks ago. I would like to go; however, the closest one is almost an hour away and they don't meet until 7pm on a Tuesday. They actually just met this week. I have two 4 year old girls, which makes that pretty much impossible.

I contacted a club several weeks ago. I would like to go; however, the closest one is almost an hour away and they don't meet until 7pm on a Tuesday. They actually just met this week. I have two 4 year old girls, which makes that pretty much impossible.

I'll sample some of your beer too :cross:

Back