Anyone seen this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting article, thanks.

I hadn't heard about Hibiscus leading to a pot bust, though I can see a slight similarity in the leaves. It's not like cops are trained in botany, and some get a little over-eager to make a bust. Some fine police work there, Lou. :rolleyes:

False aralia is another plant sometimes misidentified as pot.

Not a problem in Colorado or Hawaii.

That said, kenaf hibiscus does look a hell of a lot alike cannabis, however that is no excuse for the actions of the insurance agent trespassing (he does not have an easement or license to enter) and the horrible job by the LEOs, pulling firearms on suspects that are not likely to respond with any degree of force.

I was visiting my neighbor a few months ago. He's an old guy who loves his plants, and he was showing me some. He had some of that in his back yard in pots and I'm telling ya, looked like a legit grow operation. haha.

I can't blame the cops for investigating, but yea the guns are a bit rediculous. The insurance agent and company should be vilified for this though. wth.

The article says the hibiscus were flowering. Even if the leaves are a little reminiscent of marijuana, the flowers are a dead giveaway that it's not marijuana. It doesn't take a botanist to know that.

Back